C.malthe

mcanham

has anybody had success keeping and breeding C. malthe? I cannot find anything about them anywhere.

Did you get a pair? I just bought a little male yesterday and know very little about them.

I hope @jpowell86 chimes in because he is starting to research the species.

I'm currently attempting to acquire 2.2. Literature is scarce thanks Rich for the info. Have you had success hatching eggs?

jurgen has the check with him in facebook he has a picture of a furcifer female as his profil pic and is a member of the international chameleon sell and discution

He ordering soon so contact him soon.
Thanks. Where is he located? I'll probably wait until Reptile Pets Direct get a new shipment since I can get them right after import and just drive them home. The least stress. Plus I can pick through the shipment. (y)

My local reptile business has access to Calumma malthe pairs as of now. It is after hours today however I expect he may log on to this thread tomorrow.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

My local reptile business has access to Calumma malthe pairs as of now. It is after hours today however I expect he may log on to this thread tomorrow.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Who are they Jeremy and do you know the cost?

Sam from Backwater Reptiles, the last time I talked to him (a couple days ago), says he has got access to Calumma malthe pairs now. You should send him an email. I did not ask Sam to quote me a price.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I emailed the store they were unable to help. Oh well.

I emailed the store they were unable to help. Oh well.

Oh well? Did they not reply to you? Sometimes they can take a while to respond.

There are other imports to other importers that are supposed to have Calumma malthe later this season. If you miss the first imports I would keep an eye out for these other imports. PM me if your interested.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I was in to Reptile Pets Direct today and he is planning to have them in when he gets his fall shipment. He doesn't import in the summer because it is just too hot. If you want something from Craig, make sure you contact him well in advance because he was talking about taking orders for the first time. He's getting a new shipment in Friday I think but it won't have any in it.

I was in to Reptile Pets Direct today and he is planning to have them in when he gets his fall shipment. He doesn't import in the summer because it is just too hot. If you want something from Craig, make sure you contact him well in advance because he was talking about taking orders for the first time. He's getting a new shipment in Friday I think but it won't have any in it.

Janet

That or pre orders is a great way to go about it. I talk to Craig at Reptile Pets Direct regularly. However there are supposes to be two imports this April- May that have got Calumma malthe as a part of there shipments. PM me is you are interested.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I ordered a 2.2 last night from Steve Mcnarry. They will be here around May 18. Jeremy, when they responded from backwater they said they were out of stock until fall.

Janet

That or pre orders is a great way to go about it. I talk to Craig at Reptile Pets Direct regularly. However there are supposes to be two imports this April- May that have got Calumma malthe as a part of there shipments. PM me is you are interested.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Thanks Jeremy.

Craig of Reptile Pets Direct has been incredibly good to me so I'll wait. For example, when I was buying the pair of hoehnelii, he wouldn't sell me my first several choices of males because they were already sold. The whole group looked really good--he could have reached in any one of the cages right in front of us and grabbed a nice male for me but instead he pulled a big cage off a top shelf and spent about ten minutes going through the males one at a time before he showed me one. He was looking for one specific male he knew was in that cage--the spectacularly blue one I have. At the time, I hadn't even realized he was finding me one he thought was the spectacular. Yesterday, I went back and decided to pick up one more female and make it a trio, so I picked out a heavily gravid female. When we got her out, I noticed she was pretty badly marked up on her tail and legs--pretty much the first one I had seen with any injuries. He wanted to put her back and get me one of the unmarked ones that suggesting other heavily gravid females (I took the beat up one)--Are you sure Janet, these other two are really nice? He's been good that way.

I really only bought Mickey Mouse because he was so darn cute. I can wait and support my local store. It's Joel's fault I'm looking for a Mini Mouse--Joel talked me into pairing him up. (Joel is a VERY bad influence on me!)

I ordered a 2.2 last night from Steve Mcnarry. They will be here around May 18. Jeremy, when they responded from backwater they said they were out of stock until fall.

I am local and am given privilegedes due to the convenience of being a local. Backwater does go out of the way for me in regards to more than a couple chameleon issues. I am not complaining.

Pictures when your Calumma malthe arrive.

Thanks Jeremy.

Craig of Reptile Pets Direct has been incredibly good to me so I'll wait. For example, when I was buying the pair of hoehnelii, he wouldn't sell me my first several choices of males because they were already sold. The whole group looked really good--he could have reached in any one of the cages right in front of us and grabbed a nice male for me but instead he pulled a big cage off a top shelf and spent about ten minutes going through the males one at a time before he showed me one. He was looking for one specific male he knew was in that cage--the spectacularly blue one I have. At the time, I hadn't even realized he was finding me one he thought was the spectacular. Yesterday, I went back and decided to pick up one more female and make it a trio, so I picked out a heavily gravid female. When we got her out, I noticed she was pretty badly marked up on her tail and legs--pretty much the first one I had seen with any injuries. He wanted to put her back and get me one of the unmarked ones that suggesting other heavily gravid females (I took the beat up one)--Are you sure Janet, these other two are really nice? He's been good that way.

I really only bought Mickey Mouse because he was so darn cute. I can wait and support my local store. It's Joel's fault I'm looking for a Mini Mouse--Joel talked me into pairing him up. (Joel is a VERY bad influence on me!)

That is an extremely similar situation to what is going on with Backwater reptiles and me. It is good to hand pick your chameleons before you buy them. Especially when you are the first one to look at a new shipment of imported chameleons and they have a good selection. Having an importer/retailer that is local that does that is treasure for any chameleon breeder.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom