Buying Cham via Airmail? Safe?

AZJ0SH

Can a chameleon safely be shipped from one state to another? I can't find any upcoming reptile shows and I am being a little picky with the sire of the cam I choose, so I would really like to order from one of the reputable companies online but wasn't sure if it was really as safe as it seems?

Also, where is the best place to buy online, screameleons, private bredder, or what?

Many of us have ordered chams online (mostly from the site sponsors I think) and had them shipped to us. If they are packed appropriately and don't encounter bad weather conditions they do just fine. If you're picky about the sire I'd go with one of the site sponsors over a private breeder because you know what you're getting and they generally have good business practices.

Shipping chameleons overnight is a common practice.

Buy from who you like, that has what you like at a good price. I reccomend checking the board of inquiry at fauna classifieds first.

There is a local here in california whom breeds panther chameleons at a good price and he ships them across the US.

I honestly have yet to find one of his breeders I didn't think was amazing. He has two bedroom deciated to them in his house.

http://chameleons101.com

The site has not been updated in a long time. He has many more chameleons than what is shown. Im sure if you gave him a call he would email you some pictures of his newly added Sires.

He has alot of recently hatched babies. I got my chameleon from him a month ago and plan on getting another in the near future.

There is a local here in california whom breeds panther chameleons at a good price and he ships them across the US.

I honestly have yet to find one of his breeders I didn't think was amazing. He has two bedroom deciated to them in his house.

http://chameleons101.com

The site has not been updated in a long time. He has many more chameleons than what is shown. Im sure if you gave him a call he would email you some pictures of his newly added Sires.

He has alot of recently hatched babies. I got my chameleon from him a month ago and plan on getting another in the near future.

Thank you for this, that's only a state over from me since I live in AZ.

I have 2 panthers from Screameleons and 4 panthers from Chameleons Northwest. In fact 3 are being shipped as we speak. Im getting them in the morning. I havent had any problems. You have nothing to worry about. People do this every single day.

They love to fly... Best mode of transportation:) I ordered all of mine and received them the same mode of transport. They all arrived in excellent condition. No worries:cool:;)

I just got my first cham a couple days ago. He made the trip from Florida to Washington state just fine, so don't worry about shipping.
I just about fainted, though, when I saw that the box had been put into a plastic bag, which the FedEx guy was swinging around as he walked up to the door. He clearly had no idea there was a live animal in the box, even though it was labeled.

Back
Top Bottom