Buying a new species of Cham next month at the NARBC

iloveoveralls

I love the NARBC that swings around twice every year in tinley park, llinois. This time I plan on buying a new species of chameleon. I have knowledge on Jacks, but that's about it. I'm thinking on purchasing a veiled, or a pygmy, maybe a pair of one these species. I know their needs are totally different so what's your opinon on which cham I should get?

I had a veiled and a jackson's....

So i vote on getting a veiled:D:D:cool:

They are easier to care for in my opinion...but then again i do not know the care of pygmies either

My opinion would be more jacksonii!! Get your male a few females to choose from. You know he would love you then:rolleyes:

Personally I do not really like veileds. There are a few nice ones out there but that is it so I may be bias.

I will say. It is easier to keep two different species of chameleons that have similar husbandry (temps, humidity, etc.). Kinyongia multituberculata (Standard Fischers) are really nice chameleons if you can get healthy WCs or CB and have very similar husbandry to jacksonii. Not trying to sway you:p

NONE. Sorry but as with almost all chameleons I would go for individual cages. Pgymy's are an exception to that. However the expert, Seeco, was just on this thread and he can answer all your questions about fishers correctly as I have never kept that specific cham. I agree that a fishers is a better option than a veiled for you second cham. If you can do a jackson & I love mine, then stay with chams that add more challenge & interest. (I will get bashed by all veiled owners):(

I got your back Laurie. It would be a good idea to get Fischer's (multituberclata) because you can heat, water and feed them roughly the same as Jackson's but they are more active and faster moving. Besides, horns are cool.

NONE. Sorry but as with almost all chameleons I would go for individual cages. Pgymy's are an exception to that. However the expert, Seeco, was just on this thread and he can answer all your questions about fishers correctly as I have never kept that specific cham. I agree that a fishers is a better option than a veiled for you second cham. If you can do a jackson & I love mine, then stay with chams that add more challenge & interest. (I will get bashed by all veiled owners):(

Laurie you suck! :p:rolleyes::D

I'm going to the NARBC show too! I have a veiled and a young panther. I love the panther so much better. My veiled is a bit of a jerk and standoffish. The panther watches me more, and just has such a variety of colors which is cool I think. I'd love to get a jackson's at some point. want to trade for my male veiled? :)

Back
Top Bottom