Buying A Chameleon Online

xxcham

hi, so i was about to order a chameleon online since i have no reliable stores to buy a chameleon near me. but i just heard that you shouldn’t because there is a problem with shipping and UPS (i think) and how a lot of baby ducks died in shipping because of this controversy with shipping, employees, i don’t really know ? (i’m not really sure what is going on, i’ve only heard snippets so if i’m wrong on any of this i’m srry :) ) so i’m just wondering what everyone’s opinions are on this and if i should order or wait? thanks in advance!!! :)

Find a breeder near you.... Shipping right now is dangerous. While some are making it with only a 1 day delay others are not. :cry:

I would say it depends on where you are buying from, I have bought 2 Chameleons’s online with no problems. I bought a male from Kammerflage Kreations and a beautiful female from Matt Vanilla Gorilla here on the forums. Both were excellent transactions with easy shipping and awesome Chams for me lol. I wouldn’t worry if you are buying from a reliable source.

Find a breeder near you.... Shipping right now is dangerous. While some are making it with only a 1 day delay others are not. :cry:
the only breeders near me are petco and petsmart and i’m not sure if they even have any. but if they do i’ve heard to not get a veiled chameleon from them because they could come sick so i sadly think finding a breeder near me won’t be an option ? are there any other options

the only breeders near me are petco and petsmart and i’m not sure if they even have any. but if they do i’ve heard to not get a veiled chameleon from them because they could come sick so i sadly think finding a breeder near me won’t be an option ? are there any other options
So Petco and petsmart are only stores they buy from mass breeders with shady practices.

Do you already have your enclosure set up?

Yea in the meantime while waiting you can go ahead and get all your husbandry out of the way and have a perfect cage waiting for when the shipping stuff resolves.

I guess I’m out of the loop because I haven’t seen any delays in my shipping of feeders ( with next day delivery)

So Petco and petsmart are only stores they buy from mass breeders with shady practices.

Do you already have your enclosure set up?
almost, i have a couple more vines and plants to put in to really fill the cage!

Can I see what your working with?
i’m actually at my parents right now, because i haven’t been able to see them since corona started so i’ve been in lockdown and then just got to visit them so i don’t have the cage with me but once i get home i’ll post a pic!

It's hit or miss atm, sometimes it's fast and then other times I've had some long delays as well. The whole system is just wonky atm.
Yep this^^^^

So yes you can take a chance and hope the baby arrives alive or you wait until live arrival guarantee is back in place. Right now I can't even get my feeders in under 8 days and they are being shipped from 10 hours away from me. Last batch they lost and got to me 2 weeks later all dead. So if it were me... I would not risk ordering a chameleon right now. Focus instead on learning and dialing in your enclosure to make sure everything is perfect.

I agree with Becca, if the system is crazy that’s a perfect time to get you cage PERFECT for your new little guy or gal. I had my cage complete and “running” for a couple of months before I got Nelson. It was a great way to see exactly how my setup was gonna act with misting and humidity throughout the day before I had a Cham living in there.

I agree with Becca, if the system is crazy that’s a perfect time to get you cage PERFECT for your new little guy or gal. I had my cage complete and “running” for a couple of months before I got Nelson. It was a great way to see exactly how my setup was gonna act with misting and humidity throughout the day before I had a Cham living in there.
Hi Clayton :) nice to see you

Speaking of heat wave... Weather right now is something to be considered as well without guaranteed live arrival. Cali is getting some crazy heat right now. So if you order out of somewhere getting high heat the last thing you want is a baby stuck in the heat.

Back
Top Bottom