Butterworms/phoenix worms

javsto

How difficult is it to raise/breed your own butterworms and/or phoenix worms? Is there a thread already on this subject?

if I can remember right you cant breed butterworms; they're shipped to the US infertile via chemical sterilization

phoenix worms are possible, there are a couple threads, but its messy and smelly. Given the cost of either, it would likely be easier/cheaper just to buy them

ahhh okay that makes sense, any idea why i cant find hornworms in southern california anywhere? My dad told me they were illegal, but then how could i order them if they were illegal unless i was illegally ordering them... I have literally never heard or seen hornworms until i got my veiled 2 weeks ago

there are a lot of weird import/export rules with CA because its a huge agricultural center (something like 5th largest in the world). Mulberryfarms.com sell packs of hornworms, thats where I get mine

yah im going to be ordering 2 packs once i get my pay check(just got my first ever job so i can take care of my guy lol) also waiting on ppl to have silkworms in stock >.< EVERYONE is out of live ones right now

Sorry to hijack your post about breeding javsto >.< was just curious

Lindasgonebuggie.com has silk worms. You might want to check other sites too like silk worm shop and lady silk worm.

And it is correct thst you cannot breed butter worms. They are irradiated prior to export out of chile.

yah im going to be ordering 2 packs once i get my pay check(just got my first ever job so i can take care of my guy lol) also waiting on ppl to have silkworms in stock >.< EVERYONE is out of live ones right now

Sorry to hijack your post about breeding javsto >.< was just curious

no problem. plenty of hornworms and phoenix worms available in ny.

Back
Top Bottom