folate 38mcg
beta carotene 5915mcg
alpha carotene 1168 mcg
vitamin E 2.02 mg
vitamin k 1.5 mcg

Nutritional info for other common produce:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/nutritional-information/

Yumm...

Yes, butternut is great but I would have to eat some for me and share with the crickets!!! :D

But thanks for the nutrient info... for gutloading.

was curious about this yesterday when at the grocery store. looks like i know what i'll be taking from the thanksgiving food prep. everyones well aware that when some good stuff comes out I gotta ziploc bag some of it :p

I took your advice Sandra and picked up a butternut squash last night. My dubia didn't really seem to dig it very much though! They loved apple much more. :)

I took your advice Sandra and picked up a butternut squash last night. My dubia didn't really seem to dig it very much though! They loved apple much more. :)

Apple is sweeter, but less nutritious from a cham point of veiw. Dont give them a choice, and they will happily eat the squash. Its okay to lightly steam the squash, or use raw.

We have quite the variety of squash all year around. I use spaghetti,butternut, acorn, pumpkin, carnival squash, okra, zucchini, and yellow squash. I blanch the winter squash and feed the summer squash raw. Squash is fun!!!

We have quite the variety of squash all year around. I use spaghetti,butternut, acorn, pumpkin, carnival squash, okra, zucchini, and yellow squash. I blanch the winter squash and feed the summer squash raw. Squash is fun!!!

Pumpkin actually has a poor calcium to phosphorous ratio, as do most summer squashes.

Back
Top Bottom