Butt problem

Raym011

I have a 7 month of blue barred panther and this morning I noticed something coming out of his but. He is in good health and eats and drinks normal. It kind of looks like a hook, and it's ridged. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. Thanks. Ray

<br>
9997efa5.jpg

<br>
d0248360.jpg

Could be a sperm plug. Gently try to remove it. If it is loose it will pull right out. May also fall out with next bowel movement. If not, a trip to the vet might be next step.

Last edited:
That could be a variety of things. Its really impossible to tell with the poor picture quality. It could be a sperm plug but it could also be the beginning of a variety of prolapses. It is generally not a great idea to pull on anything coming out of the vent. If you do this, be VERY gentle. If it does not come out easily, leave it alone until the next bowel movement. Keep him well hydrated and you can try soaking him. If you can't pull it out gently and it remains after a BM, see a vet.

Thanks for all your help, I soaked him for a bit and gently removed it, came out easily and without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom