Busy household

Nancygal

OMG!! Ok I got the underline off, lol.
I have several house guests today, damn flies. So all the animals in the house are hunting!!! Including the biped animal as well (that'd be me)!!
I'm channeling my inner chameleon as I hand catch as many of these pesky flies as I can and then open Kharma's habitat and chuckem' in an close it fast!!!! She loves hunting those pesky critters!!!
And of course my 2 cats Norman and Nemo are hunting the flies as well. Yes, I have 2 cats and a chameleon living peacefully together. My boys will sit on the kitchen table, wicked far from and not in direct line o' sight for Kharma, so they all get along fine. Honestly they are more into the crickets in there than her. Also they are trained like dogs, basically know 5 out of the 7 common commands you teach them. They know stay, sit, fetch, come, and they leave it command, plus they are totally door trained and even leash trained, so they know heel as well and how to leash walk properly.
I either have too much time on my hands, or just dedicated to my babies in a big way. I think it's a combo of both!! Lol
So as you can see my animal experience is very good, have worked as vet assistant and doing vet tech school. Thus why I finally got a chameleon.
I am so glad that I did as the joy that Kharma has brought me has been immeasurable. I love watching her hunt, and was never so excited as I was to see her catch a cricket for the 1st time. To actually see it in person and not a nature doc was so cool!!!
Now that she has her real plants she is so much more active and you can tell she's happier, that is till mom does the misting!!! I swear that girl hates when she gets wet, that is unless she's shedding!!!
I laugh when the water lands on her, mind you I'm not spraying her directly, but any mist that reaches her, she huffs and puffs!!! I just giggle and tell her to calm down, and she does!! Of course with my voice quiet and lilting.
And of course let's not forget that she loves to be serenaded awake in the morning with good ol' Culture Club's Kharma Chameleon. lol, guess ya all can figure out how old I am now!!! ??????

OMG!! Ok I got the underline off, lol.
I have several house guests today, damn flies. So all the animals in the house are hunting!!! Including the biped animal as well (that'd be me)!!
I'm channeling my inner chameleon as I hand catch as many of these pesky flies as I can and then open Kharma's habitat and chuckem' in an close it fast!!!! She loves hunting those pesky critters!!!
And of course my 2 cats Norman and Nemo are hunting the flies as well. Yes, I have 2 cats and a chameleon living peacefully together. My boys will sit on the kitchen table, wicked far from and not in direct line o' sight for Kharma, so they all get along fine. Honestly they are more into the crickets in there than her. Also they are trained like dogs, basically know 5 out of the 7 common commands you teach them. They know stay, sit, fetch, come, and they leave it command, plus they are totally door trained and even leash trained, so they know heel as well and how to leash walk properly.
I either have too much time on my hands, or just dedicated to my babies in a big way. I think it's a combo of both!! Lol
So as you can see my animal experience is very good, have worked as vet assistant and doing vet tech school. Thus why I finally got a chameleon.
I am so glad that I did as the joy that Kharma has brought me has been immeasurable. I love watching her hunt, and was never so excited as I was to see her catch a cricket for the 1st time. To actually see it in person and not a nature doc was so cool!!!
Now that she has her real plants she is so much more active and you can tell she's happier, that is till mom does the misting!!! I swear that girl hates when she gets wet, that is unless she's shedding!!!
I laugh when the water lands on her, mind you I'm not spraying her directly, but any mist that reaches her, she huffs and puffs!!! I just giggle and tell her to calm down, and she does!! Of course with my voice quiet and lilting.
And of course let's not forget that she loves to be serenaded awake in the morning with good ol' Culture Club's Kharma Chameleon. lol, guess ya all can figure out how old I am now!!! ??????
I would worry about cats... have heard some gnarly stories about chameleons+other house pets

I just giggle and tell her to calm down, and she does!! Of course with my voice quiet and lilting.
lol theyre dea. Maybe they can sense the vibrations the music is putting off. Thats probably it

if you're sure, then that's fine. keep an eye out though
Always do. They have been home alone with her many times and no issues. I know all it takes is 1 time.
Thus why next weekend when we are away visiting my dad, I'm going to relocate her to bathroom and have door shut to be safe. Not that I really think anything will happen, but with me not home the boys could be mad at me as they are very attached.
Beside that they are awesome, and one big happy family.

Back
Top Bottom