Burr new to forums

Burr

Hello everyone my name is mike an I am new to your forums. *I currently have a 7 month old ambanja and a wc rose haired tarantula that I am uncertain of the age. *I am pretty knowladgeble on chameleons but of course there's always room for more. *I currently have azazal(my ambanja) in a 2x2x4 foot enclosure with a 100 watt zoomed basking lamp that holds my basking spot at 80-87 and I have a 18 inch 5.0 reptisun UVB light that's on for 12 hours a day. *I am feeding him 10 large crickets a day and 1-3 hornedworms a day, *I use repcal w/ d3 twice a week and I use reptivite once every two weeks. *I don't have a misting system as of now but I have a humidifier running all day and I mist him 5-10 times a day. *His fecies look good and he has shed twice within the last two months that I have had him. *I use a 100watt infared bulb at night to keep the temp at 67-75 at night and the only reason for that is because the breeder used it on them since newborns. *I am really wAnting to know what I should be doing or should not be doing to better my little buds life.

About 3weeks ago
IMG_0372.jpg

about 1 week ago
IMG_0376.jpg

No lights at night in the cage.They like darkness to sleep. If the temps get too low use a ceramic heat emitter. You need to get calcium without d3 and use that at every feeding. The cal with d3 twice amonth. Don't over do on the d3. Also what is humidity and your overall cage temps? Everything else seems to be ok!

Welcome to the forums! If I can offer any suggestions I would get rid of the night light. Whatever is comfortable for you is usually okay for them. They need that temp drop at night.Spraying the cage ten times a day seems a bit much unless you are in a very dry climate.The cage should dry between mistings.You can ease up on the supplements as he gets older also.
Good luck with him!

No lights at night in the cage.They like darkness to sleep. If the temps get too low use a ceramic heat emitter. You need to get calcium without d3 and use that at every feeding. The cal with d3 twice amonth. Don't over do on the d3. Also what is humidity and your overall cage temps? Everything else seems to be ok!

the humidity averages between 50-70 And the cage temps range from 70-87

at night panther chams and even other cham species are fine in the low 60's.......where do yu have your cham? inside or outside.....it should b fine none the less and if you still feel unsure, then do as suggested by carol...the heat emitter...

the humidity averages between 50-70 And the cage temps range from 70-87

you overall cage temp should really be in the area of themid 70's at all times, that is quite a fluctuation from 70-87. If your basking is in the 80's and your cage temp is too, then they really have nowwhere to cool off if needed. Oh, and as Chuck said about three times a day for mistings at about 3-5 min each is good. Make sure you do not mist before the lights go out as the cage should be all dried out by then.

Thank you for all the input,

he is inside and it is 74 at the bottom of the cage I checked with the digital termometer and 87 at his basking spot. I usualy also only mist for about 2-3 min intervals because the second I start to mist he runs for cover and seems to not enjoy it (I use warm water and I avoid Misting him directly) I will no longer use the infared night light and what calcium w/o d3 do you guys recomend?

Hello Mike! Just want to say hello, and welcome to the forums! I think You can find all the additional information what you need here! :)
Good looking cham, good luck!!! :)

Welcome to the forum
sounds like you are providing too much D3.You might change out the Repcal with D3 for Repcal without D3 (your reptivite contains D3 already, right?)

what do you gutload the feeders with?

a night light is not recommended.

Welcome to the forum
sounds like you are providing too much D3.You might change out the Repcal with D3 for Repcal without D3 (your reptivite contains D3 already, right?)

what do you gutload the feeders with?

a night light is not recommended.

I have both reptivite one w/ d3 and w/o d3 but they are both multivitamins, I feed the crickets sweet potatoes, carrots, brocolli, and brocolli rob and I use flukers calcium water gels. And unfortunatley I have the pink rep cal that has d3

I have both reptivite one w/ d3 and w/o d3 but they are both multivitamins, I feed the crickets sweet potatoes, carrots, brocolli, and brocolli rob and I use flukers calcium water gels. And unfortunatley I have the pink rep cal that has d3

I wouldnt use too much brocolli - high in Oxalic Acid

Thankyou for the awsome link Sandra going to change up my gutloading and hopefully it will benifit my little buddy :)

Back
Top Bottom