Burnt Panther Help Please...

ganjacowboy

Hey every one wish i didn't have this issue.. My 1.5 year old boy Gator got a little to close to the light bulb about 48hours ago.. Its completely my fault bulb was touching metal screen.. little black spot on his front elbow and above his elbow on his body and a tiny spot on his crown... what can i do to try and keep the affection away.. I feel absolutely horrible about this. Thanks in advance for Advice

Attachments

• php76YIELAM.jpg
    php76YIELAM.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 244
  • phpMn83wJAM.jpg
    phpMn83wJAM.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 176
  • phpvw9SDFAM.jpg
    phpvw9SDFAM.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 202
  • php3SI2v3AM.jpg
    php3SI2v3AM.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 176
hey buddy try some vaseline or bacitracin. after ofcourse sterilizing it with some sort of non abrassive dis infectant. a 50-70% alcohol content from any cvs or local drug store. and if you have vitamin E gell capsules id bite it open after disinfecting ofcourse and put a small drop on the wounds with a q tip

by the way, your boy is a girl! if thats her in the pics anyways. thats for sure female! for a girl she sure is colorful

My little girl

Puts some better pics up.. a&d ointment OK ??? Also what about neosporin ? the pet shop was trying to sell me a thirty five dollar spray the money is not the issue i just want to make sure she stays Healthy

im glad she a girl so much collor

do you think she will get much bigger then. what species of panther do you think she could be???

is the non abrassive dis infectant 50%70 acholl is that a spray or something else.... I have a CVS next to me what type of disinfected would they have if you know the brand name. once again thanks for all the Help

How long have you had this cham? Now that you know it's a female you will need a laying bin for her eggs whether she is bred or not.

1.5 years

never once seen her act prego or even bulge up noticeably never once caught her digging or even close to bottom ive always had a ficus with her with soil in bottom but never notice any dirt dug up.. are u guy sure about the sex

You need silvadine cream. Call a vet, you can buy it it without a ofice visit from most vets, a little bit will last a long time.

Please don't put rubbing alcohol on her burn! It will HURT and damage the tissue exposed by the burn making it take longer to heal. Laurie is right, silvadine (silver sulfadiazine) cream is the best thing to use on burns - it has antimicrobial properties and promotes healing.

It's almost impossible to say what kind of panther she is because the females pretty much all look the same. If you got her from a breeder they should theoretically know what locale she is.

Cant find Silver Sulfadiazine

Vets want to see the lizard to sell me the cream and CVS Pharmacy wants scripts is there any where to get it Easily Thanks

called verey CVS and Wallgreens In SWFL

Everybody wants a prescription for this cream. anybody have any ideas on where else i can get this stuff.. Or something as good

You need silvadine cream. Call a vet, you can buy it it without a ofice visit from most vets, a little bit will last a long time.

thank you laurie, i was getting a bit frustrated that this wasn't the first response.

While burns can be serious, the burn spot on her elbow and top of her head isn't to bad, they will eventually heal up, scab and fall off, it will be a kinda soft /raw looking area, apply silvadine cream if you can get it .. it is typically prescription only *at least here* sometimes horse/ tac and feed stores will have the cream. i don't know why it is prescription only, but i assume it has a pain killer within the cream which can be taken in via osmosis.

they also have neosporin burn relief which works almost just as good, keep an eye on it and apply either cream.

as for locality of panther, id have to guess, ambilobe as the standard , nosy be and or ambanja right off the bat..

Silvadine is meant for bun patients if I am not mistaken. It is really good to have around for burns, cuts or skin fungal infections.

It looks like you have blisters at the moment... let them be for now. Don't pop the blister either. once the skin starts to die off you should apply the silvadine to protect from infection. applying the silvadine right now won't do anything for the blister. It needs to heal on it's own first.

Aloe will help

If you have a chance buy a little aloe vera plant and cut off a leaf. Inside the leaf there is the 100% aloe gel, which is the best medicine for any burns or injures, help healing much quicker and NATURAL! Hope SHE gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom