Burn?

Appa

Is this a burn along the ridge of his back? Is it going to get worse?

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 39
No not a burn. A burn will start off looking like the spikes have been scraped then they will turn black then die and fall off leaving open wound below which requires silver cream. That does not look like a burn. As they get fully mature their spikes change colors too.

Now if you are talking about the discoloration on the side, that i can not tell. If anything starts to turn black, then you need silver cream which is only by prescription. Never touch with bare hands and know burns can take years to resolve with chameleons. it they lose their spikes it will be raw underneath at which point infection is your enemy. alsoburns are very painful and will cause a cham to stop eating, drinking etc.. You should do an entire husbandry review here.

Btw i cant tell if that dark area towards the navk is a shadow or not.. if that is the area u r talking about, then that maybe a burn. Can you post more pics

If that is the area and its not a shadow, then you have got some trouble and need a vet. That whole thing will come off as it is dying. Also he looks dehydrated to me

Thanks so much for your help! It was only the spines that I’m worried about as they only appeared this morning. I’m certain it has something to do with heat exposure. Regarding the other points you mentioned I hadn’t thought of as he has had those for as long as I can remember and been fine. I thought he looks a bit dehydrated as-well but he has an automatic rainmaker morning and night.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpeg
    IMG_1654.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1653.jpeg
    IMG_1653.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom