Burn??

Pm234

Wondering is this a burn? She climbed onto my hand up my arm (THIS WAS HER FIRST TIME TO EVER APPROACH ME) and I stood still while my boyfriend cleaned her plants and viv. When we put her back in, she turned this dark color and that’s when we noticed this light spot. Any ideas if this is a burn?
00E4315A-CA09-4FF6-819D-EFA41DFE7AD7.jpeg

Yes looks like her entire spine is burned as well.

Please fill out the “how to ask for help” form and post your answers back here. Quality pictures will help us help you.

Chameleon Info:
◦ Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
◦ Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
◦ Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
◦ Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
◦ Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
◦ Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
◦ History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
◦ Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
◦ Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
◦ Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
◦ Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
◦ Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
◦ Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
◦ Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
1 The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
2 Photos can be very helpful.

could be anything really, a burn will turn black which is dead tissue then fall off to treat a burn I would use a silver based cream, if its a fungal infection or bacterial infection (which I doubt it is) it may start to spread and grow and if its shed then it'll peel but chams are dry shedders so don't increase the humidity, for us to narrow down the cause of that spot please fill out the how to ask for help form mentioned above.

could be anything really, a burn will turn black which is dead tissue then fall off to treat a burn I would use a silver based cream, if its a fungal infection or bacterial infection (which I doubt it is) it may start to spread and grow and if its shed then it'll peel but chams are dry shedders so don't increase the humidity, for us to narrow down the cause of that spot please fill out the how to ask for help form mentioned above.
... no you DO increase humidity, do NOT spray them down directly.

So I am seeing a lot of these burn issues, I am curious what the cause is? Anyone has the answer to this?
burns are often from basking spots that are too close to the heat source or heat sources that aren't hung above the cage like they should be. sometimes even from bulbs being inside the cage. but that's the most common cause of burns that I know of. either that or a power shortage where the heat bulb malfunctions. it really usually has to do with the heat bulb.

Back
Top Bottom