Burn advice

Tiger3042

I have posted before and I think figured out my female has a burn.

I have a couple of questions.

Should I just be letting it heal on its own or should I be putting cream or ointment on?

She has just finished shedding, but because of the burn it's not all coming off. Should I leave or do I need to help in any way?

Appreciate any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 172
My male Panther had a minor burn on his stomach about 3 months ago, it was only a small circle maybe a 1/4" in diameter and completely black. I left it go to heal on its own but I kept a very close eye on it to see if it would get worse as the time goes on. After three sheds it is completely healed and gone.

Her burns on the other hand look to be much worse than my males and I personally would be taking her to the vet as you don't want an infection to start. It is also just as important to know exactly why the burns occurred and to change whatever needs to be in order to prevent them from happening again in the future.

She went to the vets originally who said they didn't know what it was and put it down to an infection. It was only looking at other pics on here I realised it was more likely a burn.
I believe her lamp was too close so have now raised it.

Oh ok. Did they give you anything for the infection? Maybe give them a call back and let them know it is a burn and see if they recommend anything else. I don't have any experience with a burn that need vet attention so I'm not sure what they will recommend as for medication.

Glad to hear the light is raised up. I like to place my hand in the cage, under the lamp at the closest location the chameleon can get to and see if I can hold it there for at least a minute without having to removed my hand because of the heat. That way I know it isn't too hot to cause a burn if they were to sit there for an extended period of time.

Hope this helps

When Popeye had a thermal burn the vet put him on a course of antibiotics and flamazine cream. He still has the marks but is otherwise well.:)

Back
Top Bottom