Bumps on my female veiled chameleons sides?! Please help? Pics

KenziePattee

I have a female veiled chameleon who I have had since she was about 12 weeks old. I have never had any health issues or any problems with her since I have had her. She is about 13 months old now and I just recently noticed small lumps on her side by her rib cage. She is not under supplemented or underfed by any means. I have taken a few photos. Please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 4,015
We'll I just searched this and i saw two things it could be the bumbs could be from broken ribs that healed in such a way it protrudes the skin I saw a couple cases online and another could be parasites under the skin I think you should take him to a vet hope I helped I just got a veild male and I know it can be stressful so I hope this is gunna help :)

Thanks for the info. I don't know what would cause either of those things because I rarely ever handle her and am very gentle when I do. And as for the parasites I do not know where those would have came from either her cage is kept very clean and she has paper towels as substrate and is misted three times a day. I think the reptile vet would be the best option too they just don't have any availability until Monday so I was trying to see if anyone here could relate to the issue?

Do you have a laying bin in with her? Females lay eggs without presence of a male.
Does she go down to bottom of enclosure, dig, stopped eating?
Kath.

If they are parasites They could've came from where you bought her how old is she? And if it's either of what I mentions she can wait to go to vet on Monday I wish you the best of luck!

First off, those are not filarial worms (parasites) don’t panic about that. Chameleons’ ribs are pretty pliable and thin but sometimes they do break/tear and a callus occurs during the healing to form a strong bond. They may get smaller/disappear over time. They are not painful nor cause for concern. Certainly if you want to take her to a vet for peace of mind then please do.

As mentioned she is old enough to be laying eggs so make sure she has access to a lay bucket just in case. Those blue spots you are seeing in that picture are usually an indication she is receptive. At the bottom of this caresheet are some tips for female chameleons: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/

Have fun with her, she looks to be in great shape!

Hi I wanted to see how your chameleon is doing. I just noticed similar bumps on my female 9mo old. Everything turn out okay?

Hello, my female chameleon is 5 almost 6 months old and she has a bump on her side it looks similar in shape but the one on my chameleon has a black spot on top of it it's been about 2 weeks and it hasn't shown any signs of decreasing in size or healing. I have no idea what to do or what could have caused it please help.
1539042845937-265495733.jpg

@mr.taters-420

You are responding to a very old thread. Start a new one, and you can probably get some help. The first thing they will ask, is that you fill out the following form, with very detailed answers. There are seldom cut and dry answers, and they like to know everything about your husbandry.

Cut and paste your answers into a new thread, and we'll get cracking.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom