Bumps on chameleon eggs.

Hmmm. Given the potential issues you have been seeing with these veiled chameleons hatching, I am curious about a couple of things. Are the parents still around? Were they from different "lines" or is it possible it was siblings that bred with each other to produce these eggs?
Oh no. I hope not. Yes I still have the parents. I did get them from the same place but at different times. From a place I will NVR recommend. After receiving a dead panther chameleon from there. Underground reptiles. As quick as they go through there chameleons I was hoping they weren't related.

Oh no. I hope not. Yes I still have the parents. I did get them from the same place but at different times. From a place I will NVR recommend. After receiving a dead panther chameleon from there. Underground reptiles. As quick as they go through there chameleons I was hoping they weren't related.
I see, OK. I believe the veileds and panthers that UGR sells are primarily Florida wild caught. So they might be related or even from the same parents, who knows. Or they could be not so related. All depends if the collection sites were the same etc. and just by chance. So can't be sure. Since they are likely wild caught (unless UGR changed how they do business recently), the health of the parents might have not been the best, even if your husbandry was good. This can impact offspring health down the line. Just some stuff to keep in mind. I don't know the full story though. It could have nothing to do with it and all the rest will hatch out without issues and do great.

I see, OK. I believe the veileds and panthers that UGR sells are primarily Florida wild caught. So they might be related or even from the same parents, who knows. Or they could be not so related. All depends if the collection sites were the same etc. and just by chance. So can't be sure. Since they are likely wild caught (unless UGR changed how they do business recently), the health of the parents might have not been the best, even if your husbandry was good. This can impact offspring health down the line. Just some stuff to keep in mind. I don't know the full story though. It could have nothing to do with it and all the rest will hatch out without issues and do great.
Ok. I got them when they were pretty young. Have had them going on 2 yrs now. As far as I can tell. They're pretty healthy. No mbd. They get calcium & bee pollen daily, also feed bee pollen to there feeders along with other veggies. & A low D with but A once a week. I hope they're not siblings. I just had another 1 hatch. Came right out of the shell running around but also has some yolk sac still attached. So far the most active 1.

Ok. I got them when they were pretty young. Have had them going on 2 yrs now. As far as I can tell. They're pretty healthy. No mbd. They get calcium & bee pollen daily, also feed bee pollen to there feeders along with other veggies. & A low D with but A once a week. I hope they're not siblings. I just had another 1 hatch. Came right out of the shell running around but also has some yolk sac still attached. So far the most active 1.
Got an update on the babies?

IMG_20220623_112836920.jpg
IMG_20220621_204240029.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220628_093747398.jpg
    IMG_20220628_093747398.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220628_093421407.jpg
    IMG_20220628_093421407.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Back