Bulging Eyes ?

Mom

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon; Male; 4 months old; Been in my care for almost four weeks.
Handling - Once a day for about 10-15 mins to free roam
Feeding - 4-7 Crickets daily, 3-5 Superworms and Wax worms a week (All gut loaded)
Supplements - ZooMed Calcium w/o D3 daily, Zoomed Calcium w/ D3 twice a month (every two weeks) and ReptiCal Multivitamins twice a month (every two weeks)
Watering - Mist with water bottle 3-4 times a day.
Fecal Description - urate and poop is normal.
History - No previous history.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Cylinder Screen Cage Almost 3ft Tall and 2ft in Diameter
Lighting - 60w heat bulb and Reptisun 5.0 Compact UVB bulb
Temperature - Basking Spot 80F; Ambient 75F-77F
Humidity - Ranges from 55%-70% with mistings
Plants - Plastic Vines and Plastic Bend-A-Branches
Placement - Cage is located in my bedroom away from traffic; It sits on a small end table; There is a small air vent near by, however it is off during the day.
Location - Tampa, Fl

This morning I noticed my chameleon's right eye was bulging repeatedly for about 15-20 seconds (maybe less, I wasn't actually counting at the time). It looked like a balloon being blown up and deflated. Immediately I started to look online to find if this was normal behavior. From what I read he is okay, possibly just cleaning his eye (I had just misted him moments before his eye bulging), but then I also read that it could be an early sign to other problems. Should I be concerned? I found a video of a chameleon doing the same exact thing mine did this morning. I don't know how to post videos but here is the link to the video.

http://youtu.be/CBeXmaxU30c

The eye movement in the video can be normal. However, the chameleon in the video obviously has something wrong with his eye. It is swollen and and misshapen. If yours looks like that then i would suggest a vet visit.

My chameleon's eyes are normal. It was just that bubble that scared me. Thank you for the reply. I feel much more reassured!

And here is a picture of my chameleon showing both his eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom