building a custom enclosure...tips welcomed!!

Chamfam89

Hey guys!
I'm currently in the process of getting all the supplies needed for a custom enclosure. I'm wanting to build a fairly large enclosure to take up a complete corner in my bedroom. I want a screened in enclosure, with plenty of foliage and branches for my future cham (Ser Davos - GoT fans would understand :) ) I plan to build a drainage cabinet as well. I need ideas!! And plenty of pointers! Any and all tips are welcomed! Thanks everyone! :)

Here's the space I have to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 87
I am using oak, but it's pricey.
I'm willing to use oak. I want a nice natural look. Still haven't decided on the dimensions yet. But I do want it large enough to house at least a juvenile/adult. Here's what I'm thinking as far as structure...

Attachments

• IMG_0439.PNG
    IMG_0439.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 145
Ive been toying with the idea too, i have large enclosures for my champs but I would like to do something that matches my living room furniture, the hardest part is making sure what you use is water proofed safely and sealed tight to prevent feeders from escaping. Good luck can't wait to see your finished product and the tips your going to give us!!

Hey guys!
I'm currently in the process of getting all the supplies needed for a custom enclosure. I'm wanting to build a fairly large enclosure to take up a complete corner in my bedroom. I want a screened in enclosure, with plenty of foliage and branches for my future cham (Ser Davos - GoT fans would understand :) ) I plan to build a drainage cabinet as well. I need ideas!! And plenty of pointers! Any and all tips are welcomed! Thanks everyone! :)
Hey guys!
Hey guys!
Hi, I have this thing about stressing to people about useing live plants. Humidity is your friend and live plants will help. Also no lights on at night . I uses a ceramic heat bulb.
I love Ser Davos. He was my second choice for my Panther Chameleons name. Tyrion is 8 months old now got him from The Kammerflage family great people .where are you getting Ser Davos from ?

Attachments

• IMG_3156.JPG
    IMG_3156.JPG
    212 KB · Views: 92
Ive been toying with the idea too, i have large enclosures for my champs but I would like to do something that matches my living room furniture, the hardest part is making sure what you use is water proofed safely and sealed tight to prevent feeders from escaping. Good luck can't wait to see your finished product and the tips your going to give us!!
That in itself is going to be a challenge! I'll definitely post progress pics and tips!

Hi, I have this thing about stressing to people about useing live plants. Humidity is your friend and live plants will help. Also no lights on at night . I uses a ceramic heat bulb.
I love Ser Davos. He was my second choice for my Panther Chameleons name. Tyrion is 8 months old now got him from The Kammerflage family great people .where are you getting Ser Davos from ?
I really like Tyrion too. I didnt get a chance to watch last nights episode but I heard it was really good! I am going to order him from the Candy Cane bloodline from Cameleon Paradise. I love his colors and the white on his face :)

I really like Tyrion too. I didnt get a chance to watch last nights episode but I heard it was really good! I am going to order him from the Candy Cane bloodline from Cameleon Paradise. I love his colors and the white on his face :)
When I shopped for mine on line I do remember seeing Candy Cane ...he's good looking for sure.I love blues so this was a no brainer for me . What kind of lightning are you useing for the health of Ser Davos and all the plants?
Yes I watched GOT it had some intense moments for sure :eek:

Attachments

• IMG_3238.PNG
    IMG_3238.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 108
When I shopped for mine on line I do remember seeing Candy Cane ...he's good looking for sure.I love blues so this was a no brainer for me . What kind of lightning are you useing for the health of Ser Davos and all the plants?
Yes I watched GOT it had some intense moments for sure :eek:
WOW!!! He is stunning!!! I haven't purchased lighting as of yet. Is there any particular you would recommend?
Don't tell me!!!! I want it to be a complete surprise when I see it! LOL

Yes I watched GOT it had some intense moments for sure :eek:[/
WOW!!! He is stunning!!! I haven't purchased lighting as of yet. Is there any particular you would recommend?
Sorry these are pics of Tyrion's dad .
So the company I went with is Light Your Reptile. I bought a linear 24" long with 2 lights. You will hear the name Todd from other Chameleon members too. that's who I talked too with question about lighting.Todd is very helpful. Shipping was fast too. I bought 2 utilities lights from Lowes or Home Depots around 6 bucks each . Not sure the the name of the light fixtures . Hope one of the guys on the site can help me out . Lol. Stay away from those double dome light fixtures. It's nice to be able to move the 2 separate lights around on top where you feel is best for him.
As for Got .... my lips are sealed LOL!

Back
Top Bottom