Bugs on the brain

We out house hunting and I was more interested in all the plants growing on the property. While admiring a beautiful honeysuckle I stopped this cutie hiding!!View attachment 241817

Funny how this hobby changes how you see life

I went to boarding school in Mercersburg, PA for my freshman year of HS and in our dorm room, somehow, baby mantids hatched, They were SO tiny and we were not allowed to touch them (can't remember why) but we had to move rooms.

Attachments

• C93F8AE7-C28D-4875-A311-5B640B2C9938.jpeg
    C93F8AE7-C28D-4875-A311-5B640B2C9938.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 10564123-5943-4837-87E0-036C63888F48.jpeg
    10564123-5943-4837-87E0-036C63888F48.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 82
In B.C. they have mantids, also can order an egg case through home depot and occasionally find them for sale on Kijiji.

Interesting! I'll have to see what I can dig up! I know we have mantis-flies, but I wasnt aware of any other species. I'll look into it, for sure!

I caught orchid mantis nymphs as a kid I didn't even realize it. I set them free after a few days.

As for bugs, my favorite is the spider. I recommend tarantulas. I have 3 for now. Used to have more.

The long appendages freak me out and the word centipede is extremely unpleasing after a certain movie. I like horror not scuffs

I think you mean "Snuffs"? In which that movie is not a Snuff film. Snuff films are not on Netflix and the likes, though there is some that are rather commonly floating around the net.

I believe that Faces of Death is the only actually circulated Snuff films.

If we get techincal, The Crow is a Snuff film, as they used the footage of him being shot for real.

However the Human Centipede is not a Snuff film. The classification of Snuff, means the death is real. The person is really dying, that is real blood, ect. That is what a Snuff film is, and human centipede doesn't classify. Snuff Films, with a few exceptions, are highly illegal.

That does not stop them from being on the internet however. I have had the displeasure of being linked and watching part of a few of the popular ones, before throwing up and questioning what the hell is wrong with humanity. One in particular, a innocent homeless man, is sleeping on the street and is brutally murdered for real, it's vile, and it's on the internet.

To be clear I don't like that movie either, it's vile. The most Vile Horror movie I find watchable and like would be House of a 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects, and those are pretty bad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom