Bug/isopod people... white P. Dilatatus(giant canyon)

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
I must have a thousand giant canyons, I have seen maybe 2-3 ever like this. One was spotted which I wish I would have put aside, but honestly I was thinking maybe it was a fresh molt or whatever and ignored it(I'm not an expert on isopods, just keep several species). Well I put this one aside and it is definitely the permanent color... going to try and find more to separate this morph, it must be extremely rare as I've had these for a few years at least and have only seen it those couple times. These are my go-to Bioactive CuC that I have been using since I got into chameleons... how cool would a big colony of this morph be?!

Attachments

• 20210703_181034.jpg
    20210703_181034.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 107
I love how isopods have random mutations of color morphs. It seems more common in them than other inverts. Definitely save them <3
Yeah, I can see why people get addicted to collecting and working with isopods. You can do your own little experiments isolating morphs to create new ones. I'm already overwhelmed with roaches, so I've mostly stayed out of isopods with the exception of a few(like p hoffmannseggi, p ornatus, and the cleaner varieties).
That kind looks like the Dalmatian isopods I have
You're right, looks identical almost. I haven't added any isopods in years. It's from my same p dilatatus colony. Dalmatians are p scaber. Makes me wonder if they are a mix or something, or if they just look that similar.

Still kicking myself I didnt separate that one with white splotches a few weeks back. Probably accidentally shipped it off to someone. Went looking through my bins today, didn't see any like this.

Still kicking myself I didnt separate that one with white splotches a few weeks back. Probably accidentally shipped it off to someone. Went looking through my bins today, didn't see any like this.

On the positive side he's probably banged some ladies so maybe the color will pop up again, best stop selling from that colony just to be sure.

I'm willing to bet he's hiding really good, now that he knows your interested.

I must have a thousand giant canyons, I have seen maybe 2-3 ever like this. One was spotted which I wish I would have put aside, but honestly I was thinking maybe it was a fresh molt or whatever and ignored it(I'm not an expert on isopods, just keep several species). Well I put this one aside and it is definitely the permanent color... going to try and find more to separate this morph, it must be extremely rare as I've had these for a few years at least and have only seen it those couple times. These are my go-to Bioactive CuC that I have been using since I got into chameleons... how cool would a big colony of this morph be?!
I also have a large giant canyon culture, and I recently discovered one just like this.

Attachments

• IMG_6394[1].JPG
    IMG_6394[1].JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 63
I bet they are hiding in other colonies lmao.

Stay alert.
I don't have a whole lot left, I think I missed my opportunity. Sold most of them off. Just have a bin of cork bark pieces with giant canyons living on them(which I'm also selling off).

On the other hand, when I bought a dozen p ornatus, the seller sent me 3 high yellow ornatus babies as a little extra gift(these are 3-4x the price of regular ornatus). Well I lucked out, got male/female and now i have a handful of baby high yellows

Back
Top Bottom