BSF question

Rst_Cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
hi guys,
So unlike my blue bottle flies which seem to all emerge in bunches, I've been getting 1-2 BSFs emerging per day lately. I've been feeding them to Max as fun flying hunting enrichment treats, since he loves them. Is 1-2 everyday in addition to his crickets/worms OK or too much? He's about 5 1/2 months old.
Thanks.

I have been feeding my 5 month veiled 4 bfl and 1 superworm daily with his regular diet of crickets. Seems to like the worms the best.
Is it ok to continue with the larvae and worms in this proportion or should I increase or decrease.
Thanks for your opinion.

My chameleon consisted on a diet of 100% BSF’s for about 3 weeks. He did great, last time I place 200+ BSFL in his enclosure at once though. I couldn’t open the cage during this time as there were WAY too many flying around.

Way too funny. I'll make sure I don't do dat. Just wondering if a diet consisting of many bfl would do any harm?
He just loves them. Thanks for the reply

From what I’ve gathered, they are one of the most nutritious feeders available, they are so high in Ca, you don’t need to dust them. I have heard they can cause some constipation, though I’ve not seen it in my collection.

My chameleon consisted on a diet of 100% BSF’s for about 3 weeks. He did great, last time I place 200+ BSFL in his enclosure at once though. I couldn’t open the cage during this time as there were WAY too many flying around.

You are a mad man :)

I am very happy I discovered bsfl, and so is my cham. They are cheap and nutritious and seem to never die. For the folks waiting for the flies to emerge, be patient and don't throw away the cup, they will eventually hatch. My cham loves the flies as well as the larva, and chasing the flies gives him something to do.

I am very happy I discovered bsfl, and so is my cham. They are cheap and nutritious and seem to never die. For the folks waiting for the flies to emerge, be patient and don't throw away the cup, they will eventually hatch. My cham loves the flies as well as the larva, and chasing the flies gives him something to do.

I can attest to the flies taking awhile and the need for patience - I still have a few viable pupae from mid-late January!

It's nice , really... throw a few pupae in the enclosure, and then surprise! Random treats to find every once in awhile. :)

Yet another reason to go bioactive. I constantly have BSF, hornworm moths, and giant superworm beetles emerging out of nowhere. I do feed every other day or so, but I know he gets more nutrition through these tasty treats. It makes long vacations pretty stress free.

Back
Top Bottom