Bruised?

Arloemom

My Cham Arloe is about 3/4 through a shedding. And I noticed yesterday that around his “cankle” was what I thought a build up of shedding...but now it’s black looking today. It doesn’t hurt or bother him and he’s moving around his enclosure like normal. Any input? Could it be gout? We have a mister that sprays every 3hrs and due to the shed cycle we gets intermittent sprays between.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 83
Be sure that it isn a shed that stayed and got around the ankle so it stoped the blood flow. Its a bruise or that I would say. Veiled should not have that coloring anyway.. I think @Beman can help you here!

This is not new color... @Arloemom can you post more pics for me of your boy and of his enclosure lighting down.

Gout does not typically look like bruising at least nothing I have seen with gout does. It shows as swelling. Looks as though he has a small line of discoloration at the top of the leg where it meets the body. Is the one on the ankle totally wrapping around it or only on the outside?

This is not new color... @Arloemom can you post more pics for me of your boy and of his enclosure lighting down.

Gout does not typically look like bruising at least nothing I have seen with gout does. It shows as swelling. Looks as though he has a small line of discoloration at the top of the leg where it meets the body. Is the one on the ankle totally wrapping around it or only on the outside?
Thats why I said not really sure

Thats why I said not really sure
It is best not to give feedback if you do not know for sure. These threads are searchable for future people needing information. It is better for future people reading them to keep them straight feedback that is correct.

It is all the way around just his back right leg. It’s crusty looking. Still doesn’t seem to be bothered by it

Attachments

• 54EA3411-0974-4C77-AC88-5FE99BABA608.jpeg
    54EA3411-0974-4C77-AC88-5FE99BABA608.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 7C063C9C-D34D-4B9D-B0BF-D8221F9B6E30.jpeg
    7C063C9C-D34D-4B9D-B0BF-D8221F9B6E30.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 182D633A-1296-4D3B-8D52-813A3D6BDE0A.jpeg
    182D633A-1296-4D3B-8D52-813A3D6BDE0A.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 45C2C6A6-F262-41BB-8407-4DD0DD13954B.jpeg
    45C2C6A6-F262-41BB-8407-4DD0DD13954B.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 65

It is all the way around just his back right leg. It’s crusty looking. Still doesn’t seem to be bothered by it
He needs a reptile vet. Looks as if it could be the start of an infection. Possible stuck shed that constricted. This is not something you would want to wait on if it is in fact constricting blood flow. This is how they lose limbs.

It fluctuates but normally it’s between 67-75
ok that is too high during the day. Aim for 30-50% during the day.

I think what happened was he was shedding and the humidity was too high while he was shedding and since chams are dry shedders it cut off the circulation.

The same happened with my 3 month old panther the breeder kept him in too high humidity while shedding so now he has these bands on his tail

Back
Top Bottom