Brownish toe due to shed

Ahtee

Hi everyone. My male veiled just finished his shed a couple days ago and one of his toes is turning into a light brown/ greyish colour. I'm pretty certain it's due to a bad shed, I've tried using a q tip to rub it off but somehow nothing is coming off. I was just wondering if it would clear the next shed or would the toe turn necrotic? Anyone with any similar experiences please help out! If it would turn necrotic I'd prolly bring it to a vet to fix it. Thanks

Hi everyone. My male veiled just finished his shed a couple days ago and one of his toes is turning into a light brown/ greyish colour. I'm pretty certain it's due to a bad shed, I've tried using a q tip to rub it off but somehow nothing is coming off. I was just wondering if it would clear the next shed or would the toe turn necrotic? Anyone with any similar experiences please help out! If it would turn necrotic I'd prolly bring it to a vet to fix it. Thanks

I'm no expert but try giving him a bath and soak his foot for a few. Just enough water to cover his feet. After a good soak rub it gently with a damp q tip. These are suggestion I read on the forum when another member was having the same issue. Maybe others will pop in and give ideas too.

Alright I'll try that and hopefully it comes off. Has anyone just let it take it's course and not end up losing a toe?

Back
Top Bottom