Brown scabs oh my chameleons

Jintzfan1

I noticed this today and in trying to see if anyone know what it is. Please help!!!

Attachments

• 16440105002533849729948232085567.jpg
    16440105002533849729948232085567.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 32
I get crickets from the pet store every other day. I'm still learning about her. She was gave to me a few weeks ago and I asked the lady at the pet store today and she said to put Neosporin on it but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

I get crickets from the pet store every other day. I'm still learning about her. She was gave to me a few weeks ago and I asked the lady at the pet store today and she said to put Neosporin on it but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.
Yes if it is cricket bites, I'm not familiar with brand neosporin someone else can tell you what one it is with or without pain relief I'm not a vet btw.
What i can suggest though Is to try to catch out all crickets of enclosure & keep them separate. See if you can get your chameleon to cup or run feed so that they don't escape and snack on chameleon while it sleeps.
Or at very least put some veggies in cage overnight so any hiding vampire crickets eat that instead of your Cham

Good idea!!! Thank you so much. I didn't realize I couldn't just put them in there and let her eat when she wanted too. I'm still learning about her and I'm in love with her after just a few weeks and I want her health.

Yes, you can use neosporin and as @Lindasjackson said, without the pain relief in it. Manuka honey can also be used. If you happen to have any prescription silver sulfadiazine laying around, that would be great to use.
I love the shooting gallery feeder. https://tkchameleons.com/products/shooting-gallery?variant=30018608595032 If you’re crafty, you can make your own. Just anytime you’re cutting plastic for your animals use, make sure to dull the sharp edges with either a lighter or sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom