Brown Liquid coming Veileds mouth

Last edited:
I will say one more thing about sunken eyes....the chameleon may be dehydrated but trying to correct the dehydration won't do much when the chameleon has other issues that are causing it to be dehydrated....like a mouth that's too sore for it to eat and drink, kidney failure, heart issues, infection, and a multitude of other things that are the real cause for the chameleon's state.

It's like saying...the chameleon's stomach had no food in it so it died of starvation when the truth of the matter was that the chameleon had a reason for not being willing/able to eat...like cancer, kidney failure, etc, etc.

So maybe technically it's dehydrated...but that's not the real reason for the chameleon going down hill. Hope this helps to explain it.

Well that pretty much sums it up heh^ another good point I didn't think about... chameleons, especially parsons ime, regularly sink in their eyes when they're mad or stressed, like from handling. Mine does it whenever I have to move him. That would mean he's instantly being dehydrated and rehydrated moments later when I set him down... interesting.

I had to leave to go out of town for a few days for work and she looked even worse this morning before I left. I couldn’t get in contact with any vet. She still has sunken eyes and her tongue is hanging out of her mouth. I think it’s passed the point of reversal or treatment 😞 I think the best decision is to euthanize so she doesn’t suffer any longer. Thank you everyone for the positive words! She lived a great life and will be missed ❤️

I’m so sorry. Euthanasia most likely is the best decision to let her go peacefully and with dignity, even though I know how difficult it is.

My girlfriend texted me and said she had already died when she got there this morning. This took less than 24 hours to kill her. Does anyone have any idea what it could’ve been if it killed her that fast?

My girlfriend texted me and said she had already died when she got there this morning. This took less than 24 hours to kill her. Does anyone have any idea what it could’ve been if it killed her that fast?
I only know human conditions, so the first thought I had when I saw the pic was an internal bleed. When blood mixes with the digestive juices, it turns black or brown and can look like coffee grounds.

It could have been a number of things. We could only guess.
Photos might have helped....but even then it would have been guessing. Only a vet could tell you for sure. A necropsy might give you an answer. They're so good at hiding illnesses.

So sorry for what you went through. I'm also sorry that you had to deal with someone so selfish and rude, spreading false information. I promise there are very educated and kind people on the forums. I hope you stay and continue to learn here 🙂

Likely didn't kill her fast, probably was going on for a while. Symptoms are subtle until the end.

I have just read through this whole thread and i have tears in my eyes, i hate hearing about these tiny little creatures passing away, i’m so sorry for your loss 😢😔

Back
Top Bottom