brookesia stumpffi

franklin

hello,maybe I will take brookesia stumpffi,anyone have experience whit this species?
sorry for my bad english....

Not to break your heart, but if you want a wild caught only 200 are being exported this year.
That is coming from the cites website.
Good luck

-Justin

I'm not an expert, and I'm hoping someone with direct stumpffi experience will help you out, but I did find some resources that might help:

The Chameleon Handbook

Creating a Stump-Tailed Habitat

And I'm going to tentatively say (someone may correct me) that yes, they need a fluorescent uvb tube, probably a Reptisun 2.0 (they would have some sunlight in their habitat but would have lots of deciduous leaves to shield them), and that yes, they need an incandescent bulb/basking bulb to create temperature gradients, but it should be cooler under the leaves in the bottom of the cage, so the bulb needs to be low wattage and at a distance from the top of the terrarium.

I keep my guys (spectrum) at a steady 72 degrees.
I use a reptisun 18" 2.0 only.
Specs change with each species of chameleon.
You may want to find out as much as possible on the species' natural habitat.
Good luck finding one.

Yeah, it says the stumpffi like 77 to 82 degrees, but cooler and very humid under the leaves, so... I don't really see how you would keep that high without an incandescent unless you just had a hot room. But if you have a warm room, you don't need an incandescent.

thank you very much....
in my experience(brevicaudatus) is better indirect light of other terraium (present in reptile room) near pigmy tank...the tube on the tank produce noise for the brevicaudatus:it's the same for brookesia or they prefer more bright terrarium?
sorry for my english....

they won't mind the bright light as long as there are places in their tank they can hide from it, and as for the noise... maybe there is some way to quiet the fixture, or get a more quiet fixture?

also, your english is great! there are some people who grew up speaking english that write worse than you do, you shouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom