brookesia perarmata

leedragon

Chameleon Enthusiast
@Chris Anderson

I read they they only can be found in Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park. and just in the north part of the park. Is it true that this part of the park doesn´t allow any kind of visitors?

On the dry season. where would it be the best places to look for it. which plants do they prefer resting on?

Have you heard anyone who have seen this species the pass couple of years? I heard that It has not been seen in about 8 years,

About how soon after the first rains start to fall, one can start see them coming out of hibernation?

I've not seen this species in the wild, so I can't answer all your questions, but this species is currently only known from the northern portion of the Parc National Tsingy de Bemaraha, although it has been found along the shared boundary of this park and the Réserve Naturelle Intégrale de Bemaraha to the north, so it may occur there as well. I'm not sure about this area of the park being restricted or not.

There are a couple good articles with information on B. perarmata in the wild, including localities and roosting site information. Definitely recommend checking them out:

Randrianantoandro, J. C., Randrianavelona, R., Andriantsimanarilafy, R. R., Fideline, H. E., Rakotondravony, D. and Jenkins, R. K. B. (2007). Roost site characteristics of sympatric dwarf chameleons (genus Brookesia) from western Madagascar. Amphibi. Reptil. 28, 577–581.
Randrianantoandro, J. C., Randrianavelona, R., Andriantsimanarilafy, R. R., Hantalalaina, E. F., Rakotondravony, D., Randrianasolo, M., Ravelomanantsao, H. L. and Jenkins, R. K. B. (2008). Identifying important areas for the conservation of dwarf chameleons (Brookesia spp.) in Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park, western Madagascar. Oryx 42, 578–583.

Chris

I've not seen this species in the wild, so I can't answer all your questions, but this species is currently only known from the northern portion of the Parc National Tsingy de Bemaraha, although it has been found along the shared boundary of this park and the Réserve Naturelle Intégrale de Bemaraha to the north, so it may occur there as well. I'm not sure about this area of the park being restricted or not.

There are a couple good articles with information on B. perarmata in the wild, including localities and roosting site information. Definitely recommend checking them out:

Randrianantoandro, J. C., Randrianavelona, R., Andriantsimanarilafy, R. R., Fideline, H. E., Rakotondravony, D. and Jenkins, R. K. B. (2007). Roost site characteristics of sympatric dwarf chameleons (genus Brookesia) from western Madagascar. Amphibi. Reptil. 28, 577–581.
Randrianantoandro, J. C., Randrianavelona, R., Andriantsimanarilafy, R. R., Hantalalaina, E. F., Rakotondravony, D., Randrianasolo, M., Ravelomanantsao, H. L. and Jenkins, R. K. B. (2008). Identifying important areas for the conservation of dwarf chameleons (Brookesia spp.) in Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park, western Madagascar. Oryx 42, 578–583.

Chris
Chris, thank you sooo much, this helps a lot. I gonna call the embassy and ask them about the restrictions for this locations. hopefully they can enlighten me about it.

Back
Top Bottom