Bringing the hot shower to them.

I’m sorry that you feel this way and that this is the best way you feel to express your frustration. I have been looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your Oustelet’s as that is a species that is almost never seen currently.
Your post caught my attention because you said ”hot shower”. If you, with you wisdom and experience want to put your chameleon in a shower to hydrate them, that is up to you. If you want to discuss and debate the benefits of that with other experienced members, please go right ahead! That is one of the reasons for the forum existing. However, it is the word hot that grabbed the attention of me and others and what I am primarily concerned about. We have many inexperienced keepers lurking or members who might read this as being it’s okay to put their 1 month old sickly Petco veiled chameleon in a hot shower and the poor baby ends up basically boiled. Really, unless the animal is truly severely dehydrated I would not advise putting it in a shower of any temperature. However, I am not breaking ground in exploring new ways of husbandry or in any way going beyond just being content keeping my much loved veiled and panther chameleons. I do my best to help new chameleon keepers and that is very often the majority of postings. There are members who hail from across the world and who English is a challenge for them. There are young children, who, some very sadly lack any parental support. These are the keepers and their chameleons who I (and some others) feel a need to look out for. Whether you like it or not, we do need to be cautious about what we say and how we say it. I am not trying to attack you, nor do I have any other negative feelings or intents. I am just trying to look out for the many Rangos and Pascals out there.
I appreciate you explaining further. I'm definitely not as open minded as you thinking about all who access this forum. Hot to me I'm sure means scoudling to someone else, I had not thought of that perspective so I get what you're saying. As for the others that just troll pages assuming everyone is a newcomer I don't have a tolerance for. Been on here over a decade and the amount of times that these Helpful people comment is enough imo to make people not join in that they might ask a simple question and get shutdown. At this point I don't even bother to chime in on others post because of it. The first few comments are always a link to a caresheet, instead of actually showing enough interest to understand the reality of the problem to begin with. Exactly why I stopped posting any information on Oustaleti to begin with. I successfully raised one of them few captive born hatchling to adulthood. I know what works so I follow what I learned from them.

I need better hydration in my enclosure. My humidity level has dropped to 27% at night in the room and 65% in the enclosure. But it dries out quick after the mist king turns off. I’ll step up my misting and get a cool fogger. Again, no one is perfect.
All of the humidity numbers I discussed were without the use of a fogger, I like to get my temps and humidity close first without throwing in a bunch of other variables. I'm a mechanic, you don't want to be just a parts changer, if a headgasket blows, you want to find the root source of the problem, not just throw parts at it, if that that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom