Bringing chameleon along for a 2 week vacation

OP wasnt saying he was taking his cham on a road trip for 2 weeks.
OP said they were going to take their cham with them on the drive to their destination, where a proper enclosure would be waiting for it.

Yup, a 15 hour drive would be fine for the chameleon if you transport it in a dark box. I still wouldn't recommend taking the cham since the change of environment would be stressful on the cham and disassembly and reassembly of the enclosure, along with transport, would be a pain in the butt.

I'll be going to Colorado the end of Sept. and my cousin is gonna come and check on my cham and other critters. Luckily, Kyles enclosure is almost 100% automated with the exception of feeding every other day or two. I still will be leaving a check list and extra light bulbs and mister parts in the event something breaks.

Yup, a 15 hour drive would be fine for the chameleon if you transport it in a dark box. I still wouldn't recommend taking the cham since the change of environment would be stressful on the cham and disassembly and reassembly of the enclosure, along with transport, would be a pain in the butt.

I'll be going to Colorado the end of Sept. and my cousin is gonna come and check on my cham and other critters. Luckily, Kyles enclosure is almost 100% automated with the exception of feeding every other day or two. I still will be leaving a check list and extra light bulbs and mister parts in the event something breaks.
No bring Kyle so I can meet him!!!! :love: :ROFLMAO::love::ROFLMAO:

We will be on the cruise for a week, and it takes about 3 weeks for her dripper to be refilled
Lucky girl. Both about the cruise and the dripper :ROFLMAO: do you have another water source other than dripping? They still need misting so they can clean their eyes, dont forget!

Between my fogger, humidifier, and mistking I go through a lot of water. But that's the price to pay to live in the mile high city I guess :rolleyes:

Lucky girl. Both about the cruise and the dripper :ROFLMAO: do you have another water source other than dripping? They still need misting so they can clean their eyes, dont forget!

Between my fogger, humidifier, and mistking I go through a lot of water. But that's the price to pay to live in the mile high city I guess :rolleyes:
Yes I do the fogger at night if her humidity is below 47% and I mist her at night and in the mornin’

I use a 5 gallon water jug for my ro I refilled them yesterday and it was 40¢ per gallon, ended up paying $3.20 for my 5 and 3 gallons. Definitely worth it only need to refill once a month

Yes I do the fogger at night if her humidity is below 47% and I mist her at night and in the mornin’
You can probably do the fogger every night. They can have humidity of up to 100% at night, and it's better for them if they do! You can set it up on a timer to go off every night and you dont even have to think about it :)

I use a 5 gallon water jug for my ro I refilled them yesterday and it was 40¢ per gallon, ended up paying $3.20 for my 5 and 3 gallons. Definitely worth it only need to refill once a month
I ended up buying the $50 RO filter setup off of Chewy that Robin suggested to me. I kept a bunch of gallon jugs and I just refill them in the comfort of my own home :cool: water is pretty cheap here so I am willing to bet it's even cheaper thag 40c per gallon. Except it takes FOREVER and then while I'm waiting I get distracted and the jug gets full when I'm not paying attention and I flood my kitchen and have to clean it up... then I do it all over again for the next jug :ROFLMAO:

I ended up buying the $50 RO filter setup off of Chewy that Robin suggested to me. I kept a bunch of gallon jugs and I just refill them in the comfort of my own home :cool: water is pretty cheap here so I am willing to bet it's even cheaper thag 40c per gallon. Except it takes FOREVER and then while I'm waiting I get distracted and the jug gets full when I'm not paying attention and I flood my kitchen and have to clean it up... then I do it all over again for the next jug :ROFLMAO:
I live in California they rob us on everything here. I would do that but the water in my house is sooooo yellow I wouldn’t risk it. I just need to get out of rat hell

Perfect, my only question is that her humidifier has a dial and I have no clue how to do a timer on that:unsure:
So you need to buy a timer to plug your humidifier in to. Like a timer that your family probably uses for Christmas lights. There are also smart plugs that connect to an app on your phone that you can set up times that way as well as turn the device on and off from your phone. Those are a bit more expensive though.
You set up the timer, plug the timer into your outlet, plug your humdifier in to the timer. Set the humidifier as always on, then when the timer ticks to the time you want it to turn on it will release the flow of electricity to your humidifier and itll turn on!
However, depending on the humidifier it may or may not work. I would see if your parents have an old Christmas light timer to test it before you go buying one. My humdifier does not work on a timer, but I just have it going all day in the room. My fogger is on a nighttime only timer.

Perfect, my only question is that her humidifier has a dial and I have no clue how to do a timer on that:unsure:
I have one with a dial and I have a automatic plug that turns it on and off. These are what I use for my lights as well never had problems yet
Etekcity Smart Plug, Works with Alexa, Google Home and IFTTT, WiFi Energy Monitoring Mini Outlet with Timer (4-Pack), No Hub Required, ETL Listed, White, 2 Years Warranty and Lifetime Support https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074GVPYPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0GgoDb87GMFF2
2FFDF784-0E52-44A2-80C7-48C4ACA6905F.png

Back
Top Bottom