Breeding panthers

You came to the right place to learn!!!! Ive had panthes hatch at 7 months and as long as 12 months.Who told you chams have no breeding season?this would be incorrect.In madgascar they breed in the rainy season and basicly try to survive the hot dry season.incuibating at 80 is a big no no!!! and 2week crickets are too big for most baby panthers untill there about a month old! Good luck, and welcome to the forums

Thanks, and I did not mean in the wild,I meant in captivity in which you can breed most of the year, especially with some locales.

entertained

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Kibu

Kibu :cool: I like this guy.

I would love to see some pictures of these true blues though.

I didn't know greaseball and kneecap were true blues because I thought they had red and some yellow. But maybe they breed out true blues

Here are kneecap and greaseball to anyone interested.

http://www.chameleoncompany.com/Nosybe.html

They are pretty parents!

Last edited:
I realized to upload pics I have to download the forum app on my ipad, I searched for it, but I need to know its name!!!

Let me start by saying you have a veryyy nice looking Nosy Be.

You are 12 years old correct?.. If so, you mentioned that you don't care for grammar. In this world we live in EDUCATION is a MUSTTT!! My grammar isn't the best, but i try to better it as best i can! I think you should do the same..

Back on topic. I have a few questions for the Breeder Pro since I'll be attempting to breed my Panthers soon..

(1) What should my female Panther's diet be before, during and after egg laying?

(2) How do i measure the amount of supplementing (Calcium, multivitamin, etc).. I hear/read that you need to increase the dose, but by how much??

(3) When should i expect a retained clutch after the first mated laying?

(4) What is the ideal temp for incubating if not using a incubator?. If i am using one what should that temp by?

(5) How do i regulate moisture/humidity for the eggs without overdoing it.

Thanks in advance for your answers..:)

Before the egg laying I feed them gut loaded crickets which are coated with vitamins such as vitamin a, vitamin e, choline,niacin, inositol, absorbic acit, p-amino benzoic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin b6, Beta Carotene, d-pantothenic acid, Folic acid, menadione vitamin b12, biotin, amino acids such as alanine arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, Glutamic acid, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryptophan, tyrosine,valine, and minerals such as : ozinc, magnesium, iron,iodine, copper, sulfur, potassium, salt, and phosphorous, 3 xs a week. I put the crickets in a bowl with the minerals, and acids I listed and coat them in The material and feed them to the Chameleon. You may be able to find these items in a multivitamin mix.

During the egg- laying I do it 4 x a week and after you should increase to even more frequently, because you do not want to deplete the chameleons health. You can also add supplementing to the animal's water, not in powder form, but in drops, post laying.

Before the egg laying I feed them gut loaded crickets which are coated with vitamins such as vitamin a, vitamin e, choline,niacin, inositol, absorbic acit, p-amino benzoic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, vitamin b6, Beta Carotene, d-pantothenic acid, Folic acid, menadione vitamin b12, biotin, amino acids such as alanine arginine, aspartic acid, cysteine, Glutamic acid, glycine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, threonine, tryptophan, tyrosine,valine, and minerals such as : ozinc, magnesium, iron,iodine, copper, sulfur, potassium, salt, and phosphorous, 3 xs a week. I put the crickets in a bowl with the minerals, and acids I listed and coat them in The material and feed them to the Chameleon. You may be able to find these items in a multivitamin mix.

Ok, these are all the vitimins in the multivitamin.. So you dust with this EVERY DAY before laying? How many crickets per day?

Having a retained clutch means she has another sperm plug that is going to be used, she should lay the retained clutch about 45days-6 weeks after her first laying. Chameleon females keep their gravid look when pregnant with a retained clutch.

Back
Top Bottom