**Breeding Links/Info**

Hoj

Friendly Grasshopper
so for thos of you who dont know, my nosy be Gizmo, bred with a freinds female yesterday, and i am excited to go throught the whole process.

the pupose of this thread is to try and collect some good info and links to info that will help me and possibly others in the future.

i guess from the bin, gestation period, diapose, incubation, hatching, ect
i would like to get as much GOOD info as possible and i may build it all into a blog for easy referance by others in the future.

I feel as though i am a good keeper, but this is all new to me.
so treat me like a compleat noob

thx in advance
Hoj

Last edited:
My 11 year old son and I breed panthers as a father son project... I can tell you a little about what we do.

We use a 5 gallon bucket with sand for the laying bin. This has worked great for us, except for one ambilobe that dug a hole 4 different times, buried half the eggs, dropped the other half all around the cage.

Plastic shoebox containers for the incubation with moist vermiculite

Haven't tried the vary the temps yet, they are just kept in the closet at around 74 or 75. We have had them hatch as early as 6 months and as late as 11 months. Have also had them all hatch within 3 days, or take up to two months for the whole clutch to hatch.

For the neonates, we use the larger Rubbermaid containers and I cut top off and insert screen. We feed them ff and pinhead crix until they can eat the roach nymphs.

Hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom