breeding feeders help

Midnighthwk

so i am doing something wrong in one of the steps from what i have read other places on how to breed crickets and superworms.
when putting my live plants in the new cage like 10 baby crickets came running out of the pot but in the cages i have setup i cant get any of the eggs to hatch..
from what i read other places they need temp 88, dont let the dirt dry, after u know eggs are in the dirt put them in a seperate place so the babies dont get eaten but so far nada.
they are in a 20gal tank right now and i put the egg dirt in a 10gal ( after 3-5 days of watching them lay eggs)for 2 1/2 weeks before putting the tubs of dirt back in the 20 gal for more eggs

and with the superworms i had 1 turn to beattle in the cham cage and found it when cleaning but the ones i been trying have done nuthing after 3 weeks. 2 died and the rest just sit there.
i am just using the small tubs u buy them in from petco (12 count) with nuthing but the largest worms.
is that too much room for them? 1 worm per tub. 8 tubs to start with

every other "pet" i have raised/breed was easy compared to the trouble i am having with the crickets and worms.
fish, turtles, birds, cats, lizards, rodants all easy for me why cant i do bugs
:*(

i have tried to breed crickets more times than you can believe. Just doesn't happen.:( Now supers/ I have been breeding them for ages. The master who got me started is jojackson here on the forum. Send him a pm - he knows all.:D

so i am doing something wrong in one of the steps from what i have read other places on how to breed crickets and superworms.
when putting my live plants in the new cage like 10 baby crickets came running out of the pot but in the cages i have setup i cant get any of the eggs to hatch..
from what i read other places they need temp 88, dont let the dirt dry, after u know eggs are in the dirt put them in a seperate place so the babies dont get eaten but so far nada.
they are in a 20gal tank right now and i put the egg dirt in a 10gal ( after 3-5 days of watching them lay eggs)for 2 1/2 weeks before putting the tubs of dirt back in the 20 gal for more eggs

and with the superworms i had 1 turn to beattle in the cham cage and found it when cleaning but the ones i been trying have done nuthing after 3 weeks. 2 died and the rest just sit there.
i am just using the small tubs u buy them in from petco (12 count) with nuthing but the largest worms.
is that too much room for them? 1 worm per tub. 8 tubs to start with

every other "pet" i have raised/breed was easy compared to the trouble i am having with the crickets and worms.
fish, turtles, birds, cats, lizards, rodants all easy for me why cant i do bugs
:*(

I hear the dubia roach is super easy to breed. As long as you keep them warm and fed, they just do their thing. I'm about to start my colony this week. Maybe this can be an alternative for you.

I hear the dubia roach is super easy to breed. As long as you keep them warm and fed, they just do their thing. I'm about to start my colony this week. Maybe this can be an alternative for you.

my guy is a picky eater but i havnt tryed them yet, now i just got to find a place that sells them. dont have enought to buy mass amounts of them to findout he wont eat them like mealworm. he looks at them then back at me then back at them then walks away.

There's a forum member that I'm going to purchase from. Look in the classified section of the forums for someone named "ponders". You can get a good amount for $10 as a trial.

Back
Top Bottom