Breeding brevicaudatus rieppeleon chameleons and incubation questions

So I leave them in the vermiculite until the yolk sac is gone? Thank you very much! You've been so helpful. How long have you been breeding these cute little fellows? =)

Awwa, that's so cute. =) Thank you for helping me get started, I can't wait to order my little guys and get everything set up. I'm still waiting on my Hydroton clay balls to get here so I can set up my habitats. ^_^

I've noticed a couple of green colored males, is that something that can be bred into my breeding stock or is it random? Also, could anyone point me in the direction of genetics for r. brevicaudatus? I'm sort of a biology freak. ^_^ Thanks!

just a guess, but like he said the chameleon eggs are growing, and in the wild the aren't hatched out of ground. So if they are kept in the dark it helps to let them fully develop before they hatch. But then again I am not an expert it just sounds right lol. And my bearded dragon eggs are in light when i check them daily and I almost always get 100 percent hatch rates. So if the eggs see light on occasion don't worry about it I don't think it will effect them to much.

foggers are great for creating droplets all over to drink from the only reason i dont use one is it doesnt adequately water the plants and i end up misting anyways lol

I was thinking about that and wondering if I would need to mist anyway. I'll stick to misting for now but if I can't keep my humidity up I'll buy the foggers. I just set up my lights and hygrometer/temperature guages today and am still waiting on a couple of things to get here. I'm so excited to get this all set up so I can order my babies. =D

When I take my pygs out to check them over for illness or injury what exactly am I looking for? What does a sick brev look like?

if they arrive and are very dark in coloration they are probably dehydrated from the journey, hyrdrate them the best you can most will willingly hydrate once misted id try some feeders just in case theyll eat but most feel too insecure for a day or so usually theyre "sleeping" in the dark box but it shouldnt take them only a minute to "wake up" theyre coming today right? hopefully you can post some pics so we can see the little guys. did you go through reptilecity?

Unfortunately not today because I had a problem with my credit card at lllreptile so I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to order my little fellers. I should recieve my order from lllreptile by friday now. I will post pics as soon as I get my brevs. I'll take pics as I'm opening my package so you guys can confirm if they're healthy. ^_^ Thank you for helping. =D

I'm actually going to trry and get gravid wc specimens from flchams. I looked around and could only find that site in stock and optional gender. I suppose the babies will count aws cb so I thought I'd pull some of them to breed too. They usually start breeding around 3-4 months right?

Jmo, but why don't you just get the husbandry down for adults before worrying about incubating eggs before worrying about raising neonates before worrying about when those will breed? Start with the basics before getting advanced, it can take longer than you think. :)

I wanted to try my hand at breeding. I've taken care of different species of chameleons before but am really interested in having my own brevs and I'm really micromanaging myself right now. ^_^ You're probably right about my jumping in a bit fast.

My chameleons came! Four of them arrived cold but healthy and one unfortunately didn't make it. She was on her side barely moving when I opened the box, thinking she might warm up I layed her on the substrate under the heat light but she passed a few hours later. I'll get pictures up soon. =)

Back
Top Bottom