Breeding brevicaudatus rieppeleon chameleons and incubation questions

Thank you for the iunput., the kit looks all inclusive. Let me get this straight though:

I start with grown flies that lay eggs and the eggs grow up to produce more flies while the older flies mate with the younger flies? Is that right? I'm just making sure I've got it under control. WHat is the lifespan of a fruitfly anyway?

Thank you for the iunput., the kit looks all inclusive. Let me get this straight though:

I start with grown flies that lay eggs and the eggs grow up to produce more flies while the older flies mate with the younger flies? Is that right? I'm just making sure I've got it under control. WHat is the lifespan of a fruitfly anyway?

Correct. They don't live very long, but they lay hundreds of eggs at a time so as long as there's food there will be flies making more flies. The cultures fail when the food runs out so if you start a new culture before the food is gone you shouldn't have any problems keeping a constant supply. Start a new one every week if you want them all the time and you'll cycle through. It takes about 2 weeks for a new culture to start producing more flies. And don't feed off all of them you have or there won't be any to make new cultures.

Thank you very much for the informative answer =) I've never dealt with fruitflies but want to use them for my pygmies. It sounds easy enough so I think I can handle it. =D

I just founf a culture and extra media at lllreptile, but do I really need the moss? And how do I get those tiny little things into my habitat? Dump them?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and how many should each adult pgymy get and how many should each juvenile pygmy get? And how long after they hatch should I feed them? Thank you.

Do any of you guys know where I could get healthy captive bred brevs other than flchams? I'm not sure if they will have cb in by the time I buy them and want to be prepared to look elsewhere. Thank you!

Thank you I may buy from there but I would prefer to be able to sex because I want to breed and don't want them to kill each other if I get a group of males. lol Thank you though, I appreciate it.

i got my guy a repmart theyre cb and they let you pick the sex also very well shipped they even sent some ficus leaves pin down by the cap of the deli cup to make him feel more secure:D

I checked Reptmart and they're out of stock too. =(

Aw well, I'll find my little guys eventually. Any other places you guys can think of? Thank you.

They won't let me choose the gender there either. Looks like I may have to get wc. Any other places you guys might know of? And thank you guys so much for responding so fast. =)

It looks like I'm ordering my babies Wednesday if everything goes as planned. I'm still waiting on my hydroton clay balls to get here and then I can set up my enclosures. Eek! I'm so excited! I've wanted chameleons every since I was a little girl and studied studied studied different species and finally settled on these little guys. You guys have been so intensely helpful and I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions when my babies get here. Thank you all so much!

Thank you very much!

Now, when they are still in their yolk sac do I transfer them from the incubator straight to the set up I have for them or do I leave them in the incubator until the yolk sac is gone?

Back
Top Bottom