Breeding Age - Older Male Veiled

RPCV

Avid Member
I am finishing up a couple new enclosures and began looking for occupants. Noticed a listing for veiled sire with an available clutch, poked around a bit and found photos on the interweb of same chameleon dated 2013, appeared to be adult/sub-adult at that time. Made me suspicious. Thoughts?

Im guessing they recycled the picture.

I see this quite often. I can cruise craigslist and find 2-3 people selling the same lizard. Pretty sure they are just too lazy to take a picture and just use one they found. So you could say its a "stock" photo :p

It's from a fairly reputable breeder and site sponsor. Just curious if a chameleon that age can "perform" or if they might be using the image to promote stock from a different chameleon. Don't want to call bullshit on them if it can legit be the sire.

It's from a fairly reputable breeder and site sponsor. Just curious if a chameleon that age can "perform" or if they might be using the image to promote stock from a different chameleon. Don't want to call bullshit on them if it can legit be the sire.

Its possible. If they keep the cham cool running, they can live till they are teenagers. If you keep them warm and never hybernate, well you get about 6-7 years. So its very possible if the breeder is in say floridia and keeps them outdoors most of the time, they would stay cool for 4-5 months a year.

Slightly off topic, but i had a teen male beardy, and he was all about that 2 year old female i adopted from a family that could not care for her anymore :)

Back
Top Bottom