Breeder questions

tracysimpson

I'm wanting to breed my ambilobe chams she's two he's only six months but he is a big six months he's already showed signs I think of wanting to breed. My question is is he to young and what is the best way to introduce them?

To introduce them, I always hold the female outside the male's cage and watch for the reactions. If they both behave non-aggressively to each other then the female can be put into his cage.

If the female hisses, gape, rocks back and forth, takes on a dark background color, etc then don't put them together. When the female starts to repel the male while they are together remove her from his cage because she is gravid and will attack the male.

To introduce them, I always hold the female outside the male's cage and watch for the reactions. If they both behave non-aggressively to each other then the female can be put into his cage.

If the female hisses, gape, rocks back and forth, takes on a dark background color, etc then don't put them together. When the female starts to repel the male while they are together remove her from his cage because she is gravid and will attack the male.

ok thanks so much!! do you thonk 6 months to to young for the male?

Many males will try and mate at a young age but whether they a fertile yet we don't know. Is he producing sperm plugs? There is no harm introducing him to her.

Back
Top Bottom