Branches

PA but I really don’t wanna go scavenger hunting for branches ?
I don't blame you honestly. I'm getting all the branches I can from my yard before I move to my apartment where none of the branches are really "mine" to take. I'd say just going to michaels and looking for fake branches from the floral section would be best. Just make sure to cut off any extra flowers or decorations.

Yea but then I would have to cook it and I don’t wanna set my house on fire ?

Please ignore all the baking non sense lol. You don't have to do anything, but place it in your enclosure. I've made so many enclosures these past several years and never had one problem from doing this. None of the pros are wasting their time baking branches. Rinse off with the hose if you'd like. Id challenge anyone to find one case where a branch was their cham's downfall.

Yeah, you can also peel off the bark if you’re really paranoid (and if it’s easy). Trust me.. I was pretty paranoid before and these guys convinced me otherwise lol

Oh yeah, my local reptile store sells branches.. $15 for a nice branch. I can’t guarantee all stores sell this. I think local stores are most likely to sell them if you want to get them in person.

Please ignore all the baking non sense lol. You don't have to do anything, but place it in your enclosure. I've made so many enclosures these past several years and never had one problem from doing this. None of the pros are wasting their time baking branches. Rinse off with the hose if you'd like. Id challenge anyone to find one case where a branch was their cham's downfall.
Yea that’s true... but I don’t want the branch to look ugly ?? I like how the branch looks after being bleached.

My understanding is that the baking is more for protecting home & furniture from various destructive invaders.
http://www.anapsid.org/wildwood.html
Wild-caught wood - branches and bark slabs you legally collect from outside needs to be deloused before putting it into your animal enclosures. There are a wide variety of wood-boring pests who would just as cheerfully dig in to eat and breed in your fine wooden furniture as they have in that lovely branch you hauled in from your latest camping trip!

You will spend a lot buying them... You do not need to cook them or bleach them. Find some from non sap producing trees. then scrub with dawn soap mixture if your worried. toss them in the cage, boom branches. If you want to pay for them check out Tamura Designs facebook page. He sells beautiful branches but they are pricey.

My understanding is that the baking is more for protecting home & furniture from various destructive invaders.

Wood boring pests are more likely to go after baked branches(dead wood). That's why they're a pest in furniture. (Second or third time I've had to correct this guy on that)

You're not going to find wood boring beetles in a live branch you cut from a tree. I've used hundreds of branches off the ground even and haven't had problems. I've only seen them twice and it was in dead mulberry and fig tree. @Beman had them once and simply replaced her branches. They are not an issue at all, if they were, you'd see more people complaining. Simply toss them if they end up destroying a branch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom