Branches from outside

I know they need to be cleaned and baked but is there any type of wood I shouldn't be putting in the cage? I've only had Ficus trees and artificials so not too familiar. Thanks guys :)

Avoid anything in the pine family and anything else that is sappy like that. Pine can cause respiratory irritation in reptiles, and the sap is going to be a mess forever! And avoid anything you know to be highly irritating, like brazilian pepper.

Sorry I can't give you a better list!

I like cutting live branches from trees, I feel that they hold up much better than ones I've found on the floor. The dead ones typically have already begun to decay and usually have more bugs and burrows in them, and it's probably the reason they fell off the tree in the first place.

Avoid anything in the pine family and anything else that is sappy like that. Pine can cause respiratory irritation in reptiles, and the sap is going to be a mess forever! And avoid anything you know to be highly irritating, like brazilian pepper.

Sorry I can't give you a better list!

I like cutting live branches from trees, I feel that they hold up much better than ones I've found on the floor. The dead ones typically have already begun to decay and usually have more bugs and burrows in them, and it's probably the reason they fell off the tree in the first place.

Sounds good! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom