branches and knotty wood options for purchase

CC's Baby

Avid Member
Hey there -- So I am wanting to find some really nice branches (that may be chameleon ready) to order for my habitat. Maybe even some really nice knotty wood that is tall for aesthetics. I am not seeing any options for this anywhere. I did see some Grapevine options on one site, but the ratings were so bad because they started to mold after just a week and everyone is saying DONT BUY THESE. So if there is any NONOS I need to know about for branch options to stay away from AND any GREAT OPTIONS that I can go out and get, would like some feedback and/or links here if you have them. Thanks again! LOVE THIS FORUM!

Hey there -- So I am wanting to find some really nice branches (that may be chameleon ready) to order for my habitat. Maybe even some really nice knotty wood that is tall for aesthetics. I am not seeing any options for this anywhere. I did see some Grapevine options on one site, but the ratings were so bad because they started to mold after just a week and everyone is saying DONT BUY THESE. So if there is any NONOS I need to know about for branch options to stay away from AND any GREAT OPTIONS that I can go out and get, would like some feedback and/or links here if you have them. Thanks again! LOVE THIS FORUM!

I try to watch hobby lobby for their 50% off sales in floral. When i see it pop up (usually every other week they run it lol) I grab the two or three they have of these. Rub off any loose bark on the birch and you're good to go. I like to use the birch as the "structure" and the willow for the connecting trailways. I live an area that the county sprays for mosquitoes so I stick to store bought sticks to avoid the pesticides. For quarantine times I use dowel rods from home depot since they are cheap and it's not as painful on the wallet when they get thrown away :).

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Floral-Wedding/Dried-Flowers/Birch-Sticks/p/80655512
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Floral-Wedding/Dried-Flowers/Bleached-Contorted-Willow-Stems/p/95330

WOW -- Had not thought of that and that is (of course) one of my very frequented stores. I will be going to take a look. Thanks. I did find a really neat online sight with great looking vertical branches and others for aquariums and terrariums -- Aquaterra Supply - www.aquaterrasupply.com
They have some neat looking stuff.

or just go on amazon and buy some vines or bendy vines
I did purchase some flukers bendy vines and the exoterra vines in different widths. So that is done! Check ! one more thing done. Just want to get some aesthetic branches that look cool that can work with the vines as he climbs and work well for him and serve as basking and chill spots in different areas of temps for him as well. I love the decorative part of it because I want it to look like he is at home and in the jungle baby!!!!

So I am looking at materials to cover 3 sides of my screen cage -- was recommended a clear flex poly -- shower curtain vinyl -- and even a jungle decorative one would be cool. Have not decided on that yet. Taking my time.

I did purchase some flukers bendy vines and the exoterra vines in different widths. So that is done! Check ! one more thing done. Just want to get some aesthetic branches that look cool that can work with the vines as he climbs and work well for him and serve as basking and chill spots in different areas of temps for him as well. I love the decorative part of it because I want it to look like he is at home and in the jungle baby!!!!
sounds great, I love your enthusiasm!!!

WOW -- Had not thought of that and that is (of course) one of my very frequented stores. I will be going to take a look. Thanks. I did find a really neat online sight with great looking vertical branches and others for aquariums and terrariums -- Aquaterra Supply - www.aquaterrasupply.com
They have some neat looking stuff.

Those are pretty good prices on the manzanita and ghostwood, two of my favorites. Another one I like is mitsumata though hobby lobby doesn't keep it in stock as often. Another one that is good for wet locations is cholla though I've not tried it with chams. I've been too worried about a toe getting stuck in the holes.

So I am looking at materials to cover 3 sides of my screen cage -- was recommended a clear flex poly -- shower curtain vinyl -- and even a jungle decorative one would be cool. Have not decided on that yet. Taking my time.

Be careful with the shower curtains since some do have mold/ mildew inhibitors.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-S...inyl-20-Gauge-Home-Decor-Magic-Cover/p/103686

That is paintable (krylon fusion from lowes sticks very well to it) and should you ever feel "frisky" I have diy thread here on modifying your panels with it instead of screen.

Those are pretty good prices on the manzanita and ghostwood, two of my favorites. Another one I like is mitsumata though hobby lobby doesn't keep it in stock as often. Another one that is good for wet locations is cholla though I've not tried it with chams. I've been too worried about a toe getting stuck in the holes.
Yes, I was thinking he same things that the holes would hurt them.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-S...inyl-20-Gauge-Home-Decor-Magic-Cover/p/103686

That is paintable (krylon fusion from lowes sticks very well to it) and should you ever feel "frisky" I have diy thread here on modifying your panels with it instead of screen.
See -- that is why I love this forum! You guys are constantly keeping me on the right path. Thanks for this ! I was wondering that as well.

TBH, everything in mine is collected locally. Knarly oak, curly and straight vines. Takes time to collect, clean and in some cases peel before drying but looks great, looks natural and costs nothing.

Hey there -- I had found the marine vinyl site the other day and after your post here I looked and then realized when I went back to your thread that that is where you ordered yours from too. So I ordered 3 yards of the same marine 20 gauge vinyl because of the no mildew quality and especially the clarity. After I attach it to 3 sides around, I am then going to attach a custom cut decorative curtain that looks like his natural environment. Thanks for sharing this. It is nice to see that I am on the write track and finding the same materials others are using as well. BTW, Nice job on the DIY using the marine vinyl. That looked fantastic!!!

Hey there -- I had found the marine vinyl site the other day and after your post here I looked and then realized when I went back to your thread that that is where you ordered yours from too. So I ordered 3 yards of the same marine 20 gauge vinyl because of the no mildew quality and especially the clarity. After I attach it to 3 sides around, I am then going to attach a custom cut decorative curtain that looks like his natural environment. Thanks for sharing this. It is nice to see that I am on the write track and finding the same materials others are using as well. BTW, Nice job on the DIY using the marine vinyl. That looked fantastic!!!

Lol, though I did mention marine maybe clearer, the marine grade door was actually by another member. The diy "instructions" part was me with the hobby lobby vinyl. Thank you though!!

TBH, everything in mine is collected locally. Knarly oak, curly and straight vines. Takes time to collect, clean and in some cases peel before drying but looks great, looks natural and costs nothing.

I wish I could collect locally. One day I need to hit up @Decadancin for a trip to his honey hole in Ocala lol.

Yeah I purchased a bunch of wooden branches and logs almost all of the grapewood had begun to show signs of mold from misting. I'd avoid it unless it's in your basking area or a spot that doesn't get much mist. I was doing my deep clean and pulled everything out and noticed it on the bottom of a horizontal log.

Needless to say no more grape wood for me

Theres these branches that come in many sizes an angles n shapes... its called manzanita wood and theres a website out there if you look for it. Or i can if your interested they run anywhere from 25 to 100+ but theyre very pretty pieces.

Back
Top Bottom