Branches and cage climbing

Kostas

Good morning guys,
So i noticed my cham doesnt like to be on bamboo what so ever, i know i had him only for 1 day but he even slept on upside on screen all night which i dont know is it usual or no.

Anyway in desperation to get him from that habit i went outside and got some thin branches (live ones) got all leaves off and scrubbed them down with water.
Now i baked them for about 10~15 minutes at 350F. They basically cooked but not burned. So my question: Is it safe to put them inside the cage once they cool off ?

And any kind of tip to make him stop climbing cage wire would be appreciated. I have lots of foliage, so my thought was since by bugger is carpet and really small he cant really get good grip on bamboo yet so smaller branches might help.

Also i havent seen his urate but he did poop (blackish with some white) now i know if i see yellow urate that hes dehydrated but i havent seen it yet nor i have seen him drink water while i mist. I do leave dripper which usually lasts for about 2~3hours and then refill in 3~4 hours for 1 more go since i dont want him to be dehydrated.

Sorry kinda freaking out just got him and dont want him to be uncomfortable, he already freezes and gets dark when ever he sees anyone close to his cage :(

That's what I do, cut branches off my backyard dogwood tree, remove the leaves, and scrub it with hot water and soap.
I just let them dry out at room temp and use them.
Never had a problem.

When they get funky and dirty, I toss them and cut fresh ones.

I also use the Flukers bendy jungle vines and the ivy or pothos vines.

You can use thumb tacks, twist ties, hot glue, etc to put it all together.

You can stick the vines with leaves directly onto the cage wall with wire, or a dab
of hot glue.

That's what I do, cut branches off my backyard dogwood tree, remove the leaves, and scrub it with hot water and soap.
I just let them dry out at room temp and use them.
Never had a problem.

When they get funky and dirty, I toss them and cut fresh ones.

I also use the Flukers bendy jungle vines and the ivy or pothos vines.

You can use thumb tacks, twist ties, hot glue, etc to put it all together.

You can stick the vines with leaves directly onto the cage wall with wire, or a dab
of hot glue.
Thank you didnt want stick anything in whitout knowing that other people do it, and since you do it whitout baking i guess i should be good. Just want whats best for him lol

It's natural for them to explore the cage even hang upsidedown this most of the time stops after a few days just learning the new home

Irate is the white part of the poop it's solid unlike our own

I use branches in my cages and love it, if you find good branches they give you lots of different widths, which can better suit your chameleon. I find that fresh, live branches will hold up way better. Mine are still in my cages a year and a half later and still look like "new."

ecjy.jpg
sxt6.jpg

7ko9.jpg

I use branches in my cages and love it, if you find good branches they give you lots of different widths, which can better suit your chameleon. I find that fresh, live branches will hold up way better. Mine are still in my cages a year and a half later and still look like "new."

ecjy.jpg
sxt6.jpg

7ko9.jpg

Yeah just find a tree that doesnt have bark and junk peeling or flaking off the branches.
Little bugs and parasites can live in loose bark.
Nice smooth, firm wood branches are what you want.

Back
Top Bottom