Bradypodion transvaalense mated!

Well, I took the female out of her cage this morning to see how the male would react to her. As soon as a I opened his cage, he came onto my hand and got onto her back and he was doing the grown up with her within 5 seconds :D They must have been attached for 10 minutes on my hand. My hand was getting tired lol so I placed them at the base of a potted plant and they continued for about another 5 minutes or so. After he was done, she wanted nothing to do with him and bit him :p
Anyways, anyone that knows about this species knows how extremely rare this occurrence is in the US. Wish me luck with them, and for all of you that have seen all my other posts already on fb and instagram, I apologize lol. Im just excited!

He turned very drab in color which surprised me. I figured he would of been at his brightest. Oh well, Im not complaining.

Last edited:
BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW! How cool you got a close up of the action :) (not being perverted or anything) just amazing

Awesome, he is so much less colorful in the mating photos than the others you have posted. Bet you are stoked!

You know you are a dedicated cham keeper when you film your chams making an adult movie on your own hand... :rolleyes:

Congratulations, this is very exciting! Who knew bradypodion breeding is a hands on job?

Fingers crossed it was a fruitful union, and if it is you can more than proverbially say you had a hand in the success...

Sorry, I couldn't help the bad puns, I tried.

BROWN CHICKEN BROWN COW! How cool you got a close up of the action :) (not being perverted or anything) just amazing

Well you know. .. . . . only pervs respond to these threads

funny-faces-animated-i3.gif

This is an event! Congrats and good luck. I hope we see more of these in the future. :)

Thanks, so do I.

You know you are a dedicated cham keeper when you film your chams making an adult movie on your own hand... :rolleyes:

Im dedicated at many things then:D

Great job!

Carl

Thanks!

Congratulations, this is very exciting! Who knew bradypodion breeding is a hands on job?

Fingers crossed it was a fruitful union, and if it is you can more than proverbially say you had a hand in the success...

Sorry, I couldn't help the bad puns, I tried.

good one:) and thank you.

Back
Top Bottom