Bradypodion thamnobates

Blue Bottle flies. I got mine from mantisplace.com. Great service and I will surely be buying from them again.

Agreed. My pickiest chameleons go crazy for these-- I have a thousand in the fridge. They're just a bit stinky after they pupate. I also have to echo your thoughts on mantisplace.com. Great communication and fantastic customer service.

Can't get enough of your photos, Jared.

Cheers,

Fabián

Alright, just a few more.

All are different females and the last one is one of the unsexed girls;)
Picture1137317.jpg

Picture1137318.jpg

Picture1137320.jpg

Picture1137323.jpg

Picture1137327.jpg

Picture1137331.jpg

Picture1137334.jpg

Picture1137336.jpg

I will let the owners take the rest :)

I was talking with another Bradypodion keeper and they had brought up a question about adults eating the babies after they are dropped. Has anyone noticed this behavior?

Yes Cain this is known from Bradypodion. I first thought it only happend with thamnobates but is also seems to happen with other species.
I although believe that when enough food is available it won't happen very fast.

Steven, do you keep yours in pairs or groups? Do you see cannibalism more in the males if you do house them together? I plan on housing them together only when breeding but I would be worried to come home from work to find a female with a full belly of her own young:eek:

I do all what you can think if. I keep animals seperate and I keep groups. But when not gravid most of the times keeping them in groups is no problem. You only should monitor them well to seperate them when stressed to much.

I did see it happen but not at my place, then it was a male eating a baby. I also had a clutch where i only found 1 baby so I'm not sure if any where eaten at that time.

One more question:) Do you notice any difference in receptivity from pairs that are housed together and pairs that are just introduced for breeding?

In general I've better succes with keeping pairs. But with some animals this is not possible. But with pairs I try to swap males every now and then.

Just keep asking ;-)

Back
Top Bottom