Bradypodion thamnobates

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have been reading up on some of the rarer species of chams and I’m wanting to learn more about Bradypodion thamnobates(Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon). I’ve read a few articles on them and found a general guide to their husbandry needs. What is the availability of this species? I found some threads where they were imported in 2014 but haven’t seen anything on them since...
8A19F10B-B1E6-478D-BAF5-13A7E5E8CF85.png

I have been reading up on some of the rarer species of chams and I’m wanting to learn more about Bradypodion thamnobates(Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon). I’ve read a few articles on them and found a general guide to their husbandry needs. What is the availability of this species? I found some threads where they were imported in 2014 but haven’t seen anything on them since...View attachment 210540
i found a few rare species in the uk but they are very hard to come by especially the live bearers. importing here is hard and it must be almost impossible in the us. you can possibly get in contact with someone that does imports. after all... money can get you anything:) you just need enough.:p
curly

Steve McNary (Chameleon International) is bringing in some very soon. If you're interested you should contact him soon and make a deposit.
That's a Nottingham Road locale pictured.
Is he on the forum? I’m not sure I’m ready to buy, I just found them the other day. But I would def be interested in contacting Steve. Where can I learn more about the locales?

They were all reserved by the time I got to him, but with as much as I’ve been working lately it was probably for the best.

You looking for some?

How much do they cost? This chameleon is so beautiful, probably the coolest one ive seen, how can i contact the guy who has them, also whats the requirements compared to and panther or vieled any useful links would love to learn more!

They were all reserved by the time I got to him, but with as much as I’ve been working lately it was probably for the best.

You looking for some?

nop, im from canada so this was not an option for me :/ but i organized an import so i got mines :)

Attachments

• 41443960_10160728769105433_1851561509407162368_n.jpg
    41443960_10160728769105433_1851561509407162368_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 41502719_10160728769130433_4669617894525501440_n.jpg
    41502719_10160728769130433_4669617894525501440_n.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 216
How much do they cost? This chameleon is so beautiful, probably the coolest one ive seen, how can i contact the guy who has them, also whats the requirements compared to and panther or vieled any useful links would love to learn more!
I’m no expert but roughly similar to Jackson’s. Not much published about husbandry, @Matt Vanilla Gorilla has been my guide with them. Look up Chameleons international of Facebook. $550 a pair.
2F53229F-413D-4B1D-B5D3-D998D1AE78A7.png

You missed out on the hey days of Bradypodians here on the Chameleon Forums. It was before Steve's imports. Paul Fowler, although not posting on the Chameleon Forums anymore, brought in I think 3 shipments of Bradypodions from Europe. Paul imported 3-4 species of Bradypodion, more than a couple locales and did this more than a couple times. They are a neat deal. There were a lot of pictures of Bradypodions posted here on the Chameleon Forums.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Any tips on how one would go about setting something like that up?

I would start talking to the Bradypodion keeping community on Facebook. They are the ones that can put you in contact with the Bradypodion breeders in South Africa and Europe. They are the ones that would be capable of legally exporting to the States.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I find Bradypodion ssp. to be fascinating as well.

There is a B. thamnobates care sheet (consisting of several separate photos) on Atmosphere Chameleons USA Facebook page - see this link:
https://www.facebook.com/atmosphere...922408255054/2119918134922148/?type=3&theater

I don't know much about AC USA but is sounds like an establishment in the US that imports/sells...in conjunction withAC overseas. Doe anyone know about the US branch of AC?

I hope CI keeps bringing them in - one of these days I'd love to work with them.

Also see JV DeVilliers Vimeo site with great videos of Bradypodion habitat and species...
https://vimeo.com/user53022208

I find Bradypodion ssp. to be fascinating as well.

There is a B. thamnobates care sheet (consisting of several separate photos) on Atmosphere Chameleons USA Facebook page - see this link:
https://www.facebook.com/atmosphere...922408255054/2119918134922148/?type=3&theater

I don't know much about AC USA but is sounds like an establishment in the US that imports/sells...in conjunction withAC overseas. Doe anyone know about the US branch of AC?

I hope CI keeps bringing them in - one of these days I'd love to work with them.

Also see JV DeVilliers Vimeo site with great videos of Bradypodion habitat and species...
https://vimeo.com/user53022208

Atmosphere Chameleons and Chameleons International had a falling out. There was a big stink about it on the web. I presume Chameleons International is importing from another source now.

I too would think it is great to have occasional imports of Bradypodions to North America.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom