Bradypodion Eating Hornworms

giesle

Avid Member
It's funny how this guy seems to always have nice strong patterns when he's in his cage, but looks plainer when I get him out. You would think it would be the opposite. I took the first pic in this set from yesterday right off the bat because he still had good patterns, but they still weren't anything like before I got him out of his cage. I had to post the 4th pic to show his chompers and the 5th pic obviously to show how small he still is.

i-KZFKCHb.jpg

i-LBfXn4S.jpg

i-Vx7Tr6g.jpg

i-fjwwd8V.jpg

i-TzCJvdv.jpg

Since this thread has been such a big hit with so many comments, I decided to try again today.:) This pic is a little better since I nailed the tongue shot, but the plan was to pull the wood back further for a longer tongue. I had it this close for the first worm to get him warmed up and I fully intended to pull it back immediately after placing the worm, but he didn't give me a chance. I barely had time to get my hand out of the picture.

i-RbQFgF2.jpg

I did not see this yesterday or I would have commented! Your photography is always amazing! I did not realize how little he was until you posted the rule and the branch!

What a cute little guy with a very long tongue. Nice shots as always Scott.
Thank you, Jann.

That's a belly full for your little guy, nice tongue shot
Dave
Thanks, Dave. I believe this was number 5 for him today, so he definitely didn't go to bed hungry.

I did not see this yesterday or I would have commented! Your photography is always amazing! I did not realize how little he was until you posted the rule and the branch!
Thanks so much, Carol. It seems like he has doubled in size in the last few days too. He's growing like a weed. I was taken back at how small he was when I received him a month ago.

This pic is a little better since I nailed the tongue shot, but the plan was to pull the wood back further for a longer tongue. I had it this close for the first worm to get him warmed up and I fully intended to pull it back immediately after placing the worm, but he didn't give me a chance.

I am withholding any comments until you have achieved the exact shot you are going for... :p

Do you have any shots from in the enclosure to show his colors?

I am withholding any comments until you have achieved the exact shot you are going for... :p

Do you have any shots from in the enclosure to show his colors?
Haha. That might be awhile.;)

You would think I would have taken some by now of him in his enclosure, but nothing with my camera. Here is a pic I took with my phone a few days ago.

i-L8LmRgm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom