Bottom of Enclosure

bay1997

Established Member
Sorry for spamming these last couple days, I just want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly.
I have noticed my little dude near the bottom of his enclosure recently through out the day. He hasn’t fallen, but he will just make his way down. When he notices me in the room he is able to make his way back up quickly. I know this could be a sign of MBD but seeing as I’ve only hadn’t in a couple days and that he seemed great yesterday, could this just be him exploring? Or could there be an underlying issue. I filled out the help sheet with all my info in a previous thread as well as photos of him and his enclosure.

Sorry for spamming these last couple days, I just want to make sure I’m doing everything correctly.
I have noticed my little dude near the bottom of his enclosure recently through out the day. He hasn’t fallen, but he will just make his way down. When he notices me in the room he is able to make his way back up quickly. I know this could be a sign of MBD but seeing as I’ve only hadn’t in a couple days and that he seemed great yesterday, could this just be him exploring? Or could there be an underlying issue. I filled out the help sheet with all my info in a previous thread as well as photos of him and his enclosure.
Heres a picture of his home, I ordered a new UVB tube light fixture and bulb. It should be here tomorrow or later this evening.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 143
I would like u to get rid of the brown water dish in the middle,it serve no purpose to have water in there if u need to catch the water drop try use a live plant . Put some more branches zig zag for the cham to explore just for the start....basking branch from the heat lamp will be in between 8 to 12 inches depending on how big is ur cham as long the cham can't climb and reach on the top screen to burn its body/tail.
Wait for other members to make more suggestions next.

I would like u to get rid of the brown water dish in the middle,it serve no purpose to have water in there if u need to catch the water drop try use a live plant . Put some more branches zig zag for the cham to explore just for the start....basking branch from the heat lamp will be in between 8 to 12 inches depending on how big is ur cham as long the cham can't climb and reach on the top screen to burn its body/tail.
Wait for other members to make more suggestions next.
The dish isnt for catching water, that is where i put his feeders :)

He is exploring and trying to find hiding places. I would add live plants and lots more horizontal branches or vines. He should be able to hide away from you if he wants to. Look through past threads on enclosures or cages with the search function. This will help you get a better idea of what they enjoy. :) and your not spamming us your learning. :)

He is exploring and trying to find hiding places. I would add live plants and lots more horizontal branches or vines. He should be able to hide away from you if he wants to. Look through past threads on enclosures or cages with the search function. This will help you get a better idea of what they enjoy. :) and your not spamming us your learning. :)
Thank you for easing my nerves! His dad is on the way home with a Pothos and a croton plant as we speak and I’ve got a big amazon order on the way with more branches and vines! Thank you again!!

Thank you for easing my nerves! His dad is on the way home with a Pothos and a croton plant as we speak and I’ve got a big amazon order on the way with more branches and vines! Thank you again!!
Your welcome be sure to wash off the leaves of the plants really well and to put 1inch river rock on the top layer over the dirt so the lil man can’t eat it. Your doing great!

That is his little drip system. The dampness on the outside of the dish is from misting. The puropse of it is not water collection I assure you! I haven’t noticed it collecting much water at all and if I do I will definitely move it. :)
Thank u for ur consideration.Maybe relocate to the side if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom