Bottom of cage

Curtis James

Established Member
What's on the bottom of your cage to catch all the water and poop!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369930988.835955.jpg

Nothing. No cham is going to poop more than once every day or so. As long as the water isn't building up so it stagnates and as long as you clean up the poop regularly you don't really need anything. Some people use paper towels or a piece of newspaper.

I use paper towel on all of mine. If you buy the stronger water absorbing kind it works great and you can get a few days from it as well. I do keep a shallow plastic container underneath the foliage where i have the dripper placed above so the dripper water doesn't saturate the bottom. I just empty and clean that out each day(have a few chameleons who think that is there personal little toilet) :D

i can post a decent picture tomorrow, but ours have the stand built so the water drains through holes in the bottom. the plant sits on top(or close to it) of the holes to draw the water in one direction. Of course there is a storage bucket underneath of the stand to catch all the water in...:)

i can post a decent picture tomorrow, but ours have the stand built so the water drains through holes in the bottom. the plant sits on top(or close to it) of the holes to draw the water in one direction. Of course there is a storage bucket underneath of the stand to catch all the water in...:)

That would be great to see a picture..please and thank you:)

This is before we finished the stand. The wood is covered in con-tact paper so it doesn't get wet and moldy

Attachments

• mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 197
  • mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 184
Ok so i just cleaned out the cage and here are some pictures.
Everything is fake except for the umbrella plant

Attachments

• mail-4.jpeg
    mail-4.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 190
  • mail-5.jpeg
    mail-5.jpeg
    7.1 KB · Views: 171
no problem. :) this is NOT what we did for our first cage and i feel really dumb for not thinking about it. it was so easy.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom