bored with food

Diezel

My cham wil only eat about 1 or 2 crickets but goes uts over superworms... i think hes bored of crickets?! is that right? what else can i feed him? cockroaches wont fly in my house with my parents so any easy to obtain food sources?

My cham wil only eat about 1 or 2 crickets but goes uts over superworms... i think hes bored of crickets?! is that right? what else can i feed him? cockroaches wont fly in my house with my parents so any easy to obtain food sources?

Some chameleons are "picky" eaters. After eating so many crickets they will refuse to eat them totally. This could be temporarily, or for ever. You can sub with (like Brad said), silk worms.

Thanks,
Jake

how are you feeding them to your chameleon, cup or free range? i read somewhere, not sure if it was on this forum or not, but it stated that they can get bored of the food in the dish easier or something like that. if i could remember where i read it from i could give you a better quote, lol. anyways try phoenix worms, mine loves them. he will eat the phoenix worms before crickets. you can also try hornworms if he is big enough to eat them. anyways good luck

how big does the cham need to be to eat horn worms. My guy is just under a year and is about 12-14 inches

how big does the cham need to be to eat horn worms. My guy is just under a year and is about 12-14 inches
Howdy,

Hornworms are often sold as really tiny and then the keeper grows them to the desired size. They can get really huge, almost too big for a full-grown panther.

Back
Top Bottom