Bonsai?

Tyaeda

Established Member
Our chameleon is doing fine, our schefflera plant- not so much. We have a grow light going, but leaves are still falling. Some of the branches (with the leaves on it) are falling too, and I'm terrified that my cham might fall with them if he decides to grab the wrong branch. I know a small ficus tree would be a good option, but we were wondering if there are other 'strong and hardy' plants or trees we could put in there for the long term. Of course we're looking at perennials, that grow well indoors. He doesn't eat vegetation - yet, but we still want to go with a non-toxic variety so we don't have to worry about him eating it when we're not looking.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hibiscus will be even harde to grow but scheffleras are normally very hardy, can you post a pic of what it looks like now. Also, ficuses will looses their leaves in the winter so you should be prepared for that. Pothos aren't a tree,, but I'd you hang them at a high corner, then the will eventually create great walkways.

Hibiscus will be even harde to grow but scheffleras are normally very hardy, can you post a pic of what it looks like now. Also, ficuses will looses their leaves in the winter so you should be prepared for that. Pothos aren't a tree,, but I'd you hang them at a high corner, then the will eventually create great walkways.

I had no idea ficus lost their leaves in the winter! Thanks for the heads up! I really want to get a pothos for the viney effect. Eventually I want to get one of those anyway, and replace some of the fake foliage I have with it.

Hibiscus, as pretty as they are, are out of the question. They need too much sunlight for me to maintain where I live.

I've got some pictures. don't know how good they are.....
DSCF1515_zps1f3aa3b8.jpg

DSCF1513_zps9a7fdc27.jpg

DSCF1512_zpsf925bf73.jpg

DSCF1511_zpsacf02b16.jpg

DSCF1510_zpsbc168fd1.jpg

DSCF1509_zpsd519f112.jpg

I'm headed for the pet store for some more vines, and possibly a bird cage for when I'm cleaning his enclosure. After I want to go to the local gardening store (they have EVERYTHING!!!!) so yeah, any ideas?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that there are small bugs, that look like fruitflies, only smaller, that I believe might be eating the plant. Mr.Pink eats them, but obviously he hasn't got them all. Anything I can do to get rid of them safely?

Back
Top Bottom