Boehmei care sheet??

chameleonowner32

Avid Member
Can anyone tell me the basic care sheet of a boehmei? Caging size, basking temp, humidity, calcium schedule.

Any info will help, thanks in advance.

Similar to Jacksons. They can take slightly warmer temps, and a bit less humidity since they are sub montane. But they do enjoy long misting sessions just as much as any montane. Keep supplementing to a minimum and focus on varied gut loading.

16x16x30 would be about as small of a cage as I would personally go but they would probably be fine in something a little smaller.

I have a male I keep him at mid 70s basking at 83. Boehmei are very active and would be happy in a 18 18 36, that what I have mine in and humidity fluctuates from 40-70%.

I have to add that my male boehmei is one of the most active chams I have despite being a fraction of the others' size. He is also the only cham I have ever seen slip under a closed door to leave a free range room. Be cautious, they're cagey little things. Much more comfortable on the ground than most chameleons as well.

Thank you guys. So do you use a fogger for the humidity? I have a mistking so I'm good on that but everything I have is mostly for oustalets. Except that small cage.

I mist mine twice a day. They are very very active and they do walk across the ground moreso than other Kinyongia species. My temps go down into the 60's. there is a gradient in the exoterra during the day which ranges from 70 on the ground to about 82-85 under the basking light. They wander as they see fit but have a definite pattern throughout the day. They are much more placid than the tavetanas but do not like to be handled and will jump if you're not careful. I wouldn't free range them for this reason. If there is a way out, they will find it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368564551.798587.jpg
This is mine

I have to add that my male boehmei is one of the most active chams I have despite being a fraction of the others' size. He is also the only cham I have ever seen slip under a closed door to leave a free range room. Be cautious, they're cagey little things. Much more comfortable on the ground than most chameleons as well.
Absolutely agree my man 😆 my little dude is so fast . you leave the door open and walk away dudes on my shirts in my closet . I agree most active cham I've had . I know it's been a long time . How long did you guys keep them for ?

Back
Top Bottom