Boberry

So i need to raise the uvb light to a higher elevation or? I got everything else the strip needs to be changed?

So i need to raise the uvb light to a higher elevation or? I got everything else the strip needs to be changed?
Does that arcadia bulb say 12%? It looks like that is what it is. If it is you need to lift this fixture. You want a total of 11-12 inches between the bottom of the fixture and the highest basking branches below it. Otherwise he is being over exposed to much too HIGH UVB levels. You can also get a 6% or 5.0 bulb for the fixture but you still have to have 8-9 inches between the bottom of the fixture and the basking branches with this strength bulb.
You do not need to change the fixture you need to lift it up and measure the distance. IF 12% bulb you have to have a specific distance between the bottom of the fixture to the basking branch.
So if the branches are 6 inches below the screen the fixture has to be lifted off the top of the screen 5-6 inches. This is for a 12% bulb. Look at your bulb it should say 12% or 6%. I believe I am seeing a 12% bulb.

Does that arcadia bulb say 12%? It looks like that is what it is. If it is you need to lift this fixture. You want a total of 11-12 inches between the bottom of the fixture and the highest basking branches below it. Otherwise he is being over exposed to much too HIGH UVB levels. You can also get a 6% or 5.0 bulb for the fixture but you still have to have 8-9 inches between the bottom of the fixture and the basking branches with this strength bulb.
You do not need to change the fixture you need to lift it up and measure the distance. IF 12% bulb you have to have a specific distance between the bottom of the fixture to the basking branch.
So if the branches are 6 inches below the screen the fixture has to be lifted off the top of the screen 5-6 inches. This is for a 12% bulb. Look at your bulb it should say 12% or 6%. I believe I am seeing a 12% bulb.
Yeah its a 12 % bulb so i have to raise it about 12 inches from the basking branch?

Yeah its a 12 % bulb so i have to raise it about 12 inches from the basking branch?
Exactly. So measure the distance between the top screen and the highest branches. Then take that distance and subtract it from 11-12 inches that will give you the distance you need to raise the fixture up off the cage.

When you set up a larger enclosure 2x2x4. You can get the 5.0 or 6% bulb then have the fixture on the screen top with a distance from the screen to the highest branches being 8-9 measured inches. Then you do not need to lift the fixture because you have enough cage space.

Alrighty i raised the uvb i was wondering now how the drainage layer of the screen cage would work since im gomna just put potted plants inside with the bare floor. A lot of what i see people seem to have buckets under there terrarium so do they make a hole in the floor of the cage? I would do the tray but im gonna try and find a plant that would be big enough for the center piece and that would be really tricky to get the water out with the pot being on the tray

Alrighty i raised the uvb i was wondering now how the drainage layer of the screen cage would work since im gomna just put potted plants inside with the bare floor. A lot of what i see people seem to have buckets under there terrarium so do they make a hole in the floor of the cage? I would do the tray but im gonna try and find a plant that would be big enough for the center piece and that would be really tricky to get the water out with the pot being on the tray
They will typically drill small holes in the bottom pvc piece of the cage then they have a drain pan that has a main hole and is retrofitted with a pvc pipe to then drain into a bucket.

Am back to just make sure i do use without D3 every feeding besides when i use the with D3 every other week

Am back to just make sure i do use without D3 every feeding besides when i use the with D3 every other week
So for supplementing you want Calcium without D3 and Reptivite without D3. What you will do is rotate between the Calcium with D3 that you have and the Reptivite without D3 every week at one feeding. So that each of these are ONLY given 2 times a month. Then at all other feedings you will use Calcium Without D3.

Or you can buy reptivite with D3 or Repashy Calcium plus LoD version. These two are all in one multivitamins with D3 and A. You buy one of them and only use it 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then All other feedings would be calcium without D3. Then you would just get ride of the calcium with D3 you have.

So this one is okay and i have a flukers without D3 i been using i was just wondering because he seems to eat as fast as he can i dont wanna starve him i been feeding him 7 crickets every other day using the without d3 every other feeding cuz i misunderstood before lol. Still giving the with d3 some time since i had given him too much before. He always seems hungry so i guess his diet is just off for now. And i try to feed him once every other day but he lookn hungry.

Attachments

• 20220502_131512.jpg
    20220502_131512.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 41
So this one is okay and i have a flukers without D3 i been using i was just wondering because he seems to eat as fast as he can i dont wanna starve him i been feeding him 7 crickets every other day using the without d3 every other feeding cuz i misunderstood before lol. Still giving the with d3 some time since i had given him too much before. He always seems hungry so i guess his diet is just off for now. And i try to feed him once every other day but he lookn hungry.
If you buy that reptivite you just want to make sure you do not ever use the calicum with D3. So you would use the reptivite only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then ALL other feedings would be the calcium without D3.

If you buy that reptivite you just want to make sure you do not ever use the calicum with D3. So you would use the reptivite only 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th. Then ALL other feedings would be the calcium without D3.
Sweet thank you

Could be a scratch from a zip tie. You want to clean cut those ends with a little snipper. So that the part sticking out is blunt to the square it pulls through to lock in place. Otherwise they can be quite sharp.
Appreciate the help!. I think the rim of his head had gotten burned too is neosporin okay to use? Someone said Without pain relief would be okay and am just making sure

Appreciate the help!. I think the rim of his head had gotten burned too is neosporin okay to use? Someone said Without pain relief would be okay and am just making sure
If the casque has gotten burned you need to adjust basking distance from the heat asap. Can you post a picture?
Plain neosporin will work until you can go to a vet and get silver cream which is much better for a burn.

If the casque has gotten burned you need to adjust basking distance from the heat asap. Can you post a picture?
Plain neosporin will work until you can go to a vet and get silver cream which is much better for a burn.
16517846813141699380783423948698.jpg
i think he actually got burned in the glass cage i just didnt see it. You can see the black rim on his head a lot better in one of the last posts i sent with him hugging the fogger tube.this is his new enclosure and his heat lamp from where it is now gives off about 80-83 degrees.
16517850113663681518023030698653.jpg
16517847247874558331731400466413.jpg

I am not seeing a burn there. I am seeing a little left over shed and normal coloration.
16517916271151596328121359470507-jpg.324071

You sure? If you're right great it just always seems black maybe when hes sleeping i can get a better picture. That sounds weird.

Attachments

• 16517916271151596328121359470507.jpg
    16517916271151596328121359470507.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 106
16517916271151596328121359470507-jpg.324071

You sure? If you're right great it just always seems black maybe when hes sleeping i can get a better picture. That sounds weird.
LOL do you have the ability to use mark up feature on pics so you can point out what your seeing?

I do not see anything other than normal coloring and a piece of shed here.

Back
Top Bottom