Bluebottle Flies?

Henry66

Hi CF, I wanted to get my little guy some bluebottle flies. Anyone know where to order them without buying too much of them? Also how do you guys put the flies in the cage without some of them flying out your container? :)

Hi CF, I wanted to get my little guy some bluebottle flies. Anyone know where to order them without buying too much of them? Also how do you guys put the flies in the cage without some of them flying out your container? :)

I just got some, from Steve, who does the cricket crack. They're basically all sleepy, after being in the fridge in their little container. So, I tipped a few into a small Gladware pot, put the lid on, went out to my cham's enclosure on the patio, placed the pot on a handy branch, removed the lid and left! They were already moving around as they warmed up. I had to come to work or I would have hung around and watched!

Best place to get them from is here:http://www.mantisplace.com

They sell them in pupae form in which you can keep in the fridge. When you're ready for them to turn into flies, just put them in a deli cup with a cover on top and they'll change into flies in a few days at room temp or higher.

Back
Top Bottom